Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Changing dreamstation 2 reusable filter
Changing dreamstation 2 reusable filter
Question: How often does one need to replace the grey reusable pollen filter on the Dreamstation 2? My DME sends me a new one with every delivery. They also send me a lot of the blue disposable filters which I change every two weeks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Changing dreamstation 2 reusable filter
I've been mostly using the recommendations in the DS2 user manual with exception lately that it's been pollen season in New England and the ultra-fine filter may get changed more frequently. Holding the used ultra-fine filter up to a light next to a fresh will give an idea if it needs changing. I've been writing the install date of filters on the plastic body of the filter with a fine tip Sharpie pen as a reminder of when to change.
My regular DME tends to overcharge for filters. I found a an online supplier that has Resperonics brand filters much cheaper.

"Caring for the filters

Replace the blue disposable, ultra-fine filter if it is damaged or has accumulated debris.
Under normal usage, you should rinse the grey reusable filter at least once every two weeks and replace it with a new one every six months.
The disposable, ultra-fine filter should be replaced after 30 nights of use, or sooner, if it appears clogged. DO NOT rinse the ultra-fine filter."
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Changing dreamstation 2 reusable filter
thank you very much
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 992 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Filter types vs. original for AirSense 10 fotjon 3 171 03-21-2024, 12:57 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 251 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 445 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 330 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 318 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Surprised Apap- changing settings Swsch2985 2 433 01-06-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.