Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Changing setting on Remstar Auto A-Flex? Safe to do?
Hello, first time here.

I am desperate to adjust my CPAP machine, but am getting the most frustrating run-around from medical device companies because I bought the machine when I was in one state and am now in another. (And no one will handle a machine not bought from them, even if it's the exact same model they sell.)

I had a new sleep test done and have the report indicating the settings needed and I found through this site manuals to change them. At the same time, though, I'm wondering why the company I bought the machine from can't reprogram it remotely since it has an SD card, etc.

Does anyone here have experience with this situation? I would appreciate understanding my options, if possible.

Thank you,
~ Wynn
Post Reply Post Reply
It needs a modem, not an SD card, to be programmed remotely.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi pwynnnorman,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Personally, I'd change the machine settings myself. In fact, I do. No one is going to care more about your therapy and health than you do. Your health care providers can be a great ally, but they might not be inclined to do so.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum pwynnnorman!
You can adjust the settings yourself. I did. Order the Clinician's manual for your machine through this forum. Try starting with this: http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!! Rolleyes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi! I ended up calling the company I bought it from and found out my doctor's office just had things dead wrong. Turns out my machine has a modem and the company is happy to adjust it remotely!

Thanks for replying.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] S10 Auto vs Dream Machine auto silversnore 13 283 02-23-2017, 11:57 AM
Last Post: leadslinger
  [CPAP] Devilbiss IntelliPAP2 pressure setting TommBoyd 6 1,584 02-22-2017, 08:44 PM
Last Post: analog
  Upper pressure limit setting jpapnea 1 130 02-13-2017, 10:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Pre calibrated machine question (mask setting) JohnnyGobbs 15 341 02-12-2017, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  nuance to Swift FX for her setting problems akdog30 11 269 02-11-2017, 11:18 AM
Last Post: Ghost1958
  [Pressure] Changing pressure on HDM Z1 cpap dmh 21 24,267 02-08-2017, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Beej
  Water Changing in H5i Heated Humidifier ppca 6 366 02-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Last Post: PaytonA