Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Changing setting on Remstar Auto A-Flex? Safe to do?
Changing setting on Remstar Auto A-Flex? Safe to do?
Hello, first time here.

I am desperate to adjust my CPAP machine, but am getting the most frustrating run-around from medical device companies because I bought the machine when I was in one state and am now in another. (And no one will handle a machine not bought from them, even if it's the exact same model they sell.)

I had a new sleep test done and have the report indicating the settings needed and I found through this site manuals to change them. At the same time, though, I'm wondering why the company I bought the machine from can't reprogram it remotely since it has an SD card, etc.

Does anyone here have experience with this situation? I would appreciate understanding my options, if possible.

Thank you,
~ Wynn
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Changing setting on Remstar Auto A-Flex? Safe to do?
It needs a modem, not an SD card, to be programmed remotely.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi pwynnnorman,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Personally, I'd change the machine settings myself. In fact, I do. No one is going to care more about your therapy and health than you do. Your health care providers can be a great ally, but they might not be inclined to do so.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum pwynnnorman!
You can adjust the settings yourself. I did. Order the Clinician's manual for your machine through this forum. Try starting with this: http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi! I ended up calling the company I bought it from and found out my doctor's office just had things dead wrong. Turns out my machine has a modem and the company is happy to adjust it remotely!

Thanks for replying.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 160 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,206 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 859 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 403 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 275 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.