Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Check Filter error on Dreamstation BiPAP
Check Filter error on Dreamstation BiPAP
I have been getting a check filter error and alarm after 3-4 hours of use even though I put brand new filters in it. I can reboot the machine and it will start again but after a little while I get the same error. This does not happen every night though.

With the dream station app I have an acceptable AHI and mask fit is 100%

The thing is, this is the second machine this has happened to. Is this a common thing with Dreamstations? Is it something about the setup? The air intake is about 12 inches (30 cm) from the wall. My room temp is usually 70 degrees (21 C) at night with 40-50% humidity. There's no smoke or other obvious pollutants.

At the very least can I turn off the alarm? It is almost definitely waking up my neighbors because it doesn't immediately wake me up (I am hard of hearing).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Check Filter error on Dreamstation BiPAP
Do you have reminders or alerts set on the machine or the Dreammapper app? There is a function in the provider menu that will clear all default reminders. This setting is in the provider menu below language and looks like a note with a push pin. This should cancel reminder messages, however other reminders can be activated by your provider in Encore software. Those would need to be cleared in EncorePro2 Software. This is described in the provider manual.

Other than that, be sure you have a blue pollen filter properly installed in the holder and the door closed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Check Filter error on Dreamstation BiPAP
Nothing to do with the app. "Check filter" comes up on the machine and sets off a loud alarm. Is it really just a reminder? What a bad design to have a reminder turn off the machine while it's in use in the middle of the night. That is not safe at all. I have the regular filter and the pollen filter and the door is closed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Filter types vs. original for AirSense 10 fotjon 3 118 03-21-2024, 12:57 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 253 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 89 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 333 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
Gross DreamStation Error Front Panel drouou 2 184 02-10-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: drouou
  How can I check if my ClimateAir actually heats up? NoddingHacker 1 174 02-06-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.