Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Checkme O2: does the android app work?
Checkme O2: does the android app work?
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum.
I'm looking to buy a sleep oxygen saturation monitor, to be able to measure the severity of my sleep apnea, and to see if throat exercises/myofunctional exercises/and other kind of alternative interventions lead to some improvement over time.
As far as I could read on this forum, the best device (excluding very expensive ones) would seem to be the Viatom Checkme O2 Max (also named Wellue Checkme O2 Max on the american market).
However, reading the Android Playstore reviews of the "ViHealth" app that comes with the device, most reviews there say that the app simply doesn't work. Not sure I want to buy a €200+ device if I can't read the data.
Has anybody here tried to use the ViHealth app with a recent Viatom Checkme O2 or Viatom Checkme O2 Max? Does it work? Can you see the sleep recordings ?
Alternatively, if the Android app simply doesn't work, would there be another way to retrieve the data (perhaps in a csv format, or even a proprietary binary format that I could try to parse) ? I use Linux and I'm a programmer.

Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Checkme O2: does the android app work?
Hi Yurtname!  -  Welcome
Viatom seems to be the chip manufacturer that licenses out their product to other entities, much like the Contec O2 chip.  I believe the "Wellue" name was used because of the proximity to the name "Viacom" and was probably challenged when they tried to use their name in the US.  

The Checkme O2 seems to be nothing more than the SleepU on steroids.   If you are planning on using OSCAR, then all you need is one of the Viatom programs for data extraction.  I am wondering if the mixed reviews are related to users that depend on the app to provide all the reporting.   I only use it for data extraction and haven't experienced any problems.  On a Linux box, you may consider running a Windows VM and the Insight Pro software.  

The Android app initially stores all the downloaded data to a SQL database.  Only when you view a session does it create the binary file for that session.  I am under the impression that this is their attempt to conserve data storage space.

Good luck!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Crimson Nape,

thanks for your advice.

I would consider installing Windows on an old laptop just to use Insight Pro, but from what I read on the viatomtech site, it doesn't seem that the Checkme O2 is supported by Insight Pro. (I'm not allowed to post links but this is at www viatomtech com [slash] support )
Actually, it seems the only way to use the Checkme O2 would be the Android app.
Lots of people leaving review in the Playstore seem to have problems with either connecting in bluetooth with the device, or transferring the data from the device to the phone. You actually manage to transfer a full night's data from the SleepU to the phone?

Thanks again for your input.
Post Reply Post Reply
It may just be an oversight on the Viatom website for the O2 Insight Pro.  The Wellue website has the same app and it lists SleepU, O2 Ring, and Check Me O2 Max.
Wellue is Supplier #40 on our list.  On their website go to "FAQ and Download"
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yurtname - I have mine set up in a semi-automatic mode.  Each morning, I upload the data to the ViHealth app on my Android.  My Android is also running as an FTP server.   Later in the morning, my Linux server rsyncs the data for safe keeping.  Once a month, the server deletes the previous month's data on my Android to maintain disk space.   When I run OSCAR, I just import the data from the server's storage area.  . . .Should I say, "Easy Pezzy"? (Whatever that means)

On a sidenote: I was able to order an oximeter from Supplier #40's website this morning.  I stopped when they were wanting payment information.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Nice.
Thanks Jeff, thanks Crimson. I've ordered what I think is a Viatom Checkme O2 Max (I say "I think" because I ordered a Checkme O2 Max with no mention of Viatom or Wellue, so I just contacted the seller to ask what it was that I had actually ordered).
I will keep you updated as to whether it's usable directly with the app, or with the Insight Pro software and/or OSCAR.
Thanks again to both of you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I checked with the seller and he said it's an Accuro Checkme O2 Max. I guess I should probably cancel and order a real Viatom or Wellue.
Unless Accuro is also an authorized brand name but then it's becoming a bit complicated.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wellue Checkme O2 & OSCAR Brewskie 6 578 04-06-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 10 296 04-02-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  O2 Ring vs Checkme O2 PaulaO2 48 2,508 02-24-2024, 07:49 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 702 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
Angry Wellue Checkme Sucks & CTD Brewskie 3 485 01-18-2024, 07:39 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Finally found through DISE why cpap/bipap/ASV was never going to work for me. logart89 9 1,429 08-01-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: logart89
  Oscar for tablet using win 11 android Samsung 7 Mouchet 1 524 07-06-2023, 07:49 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.