Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Cleaning mask
Question 
Cleaning mask
Is it OK to wipe CPAP mask, ResMed Mirage Quadro (covers mouth and nose) with hydrogen peroxide each morning?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cleaning mask
Hi and welcome; I use the same mask and wipe it down every morning with a non-frangranced baby wipe and that has seemed to work well, and has seemed to keep the mask clean and not hurt it in any way. I presume it would be the same with the hydrogen peroxide, but haven't actually tried it. I also take it apart and do a more thorough cleaning in warm water and Ivory soap every couple of weeks. So far the mask has help up well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jsprice2,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm not sure about wiping the mask down with hydrogen peroxide because you have to be careful what types of things you use to clean your mask with, as certain cleaners can break down the silicon cushions.
I usually wash my mask once a week in , mild, warm soap and water.
Another thing you can use is Control III. in warm water.
There are some threads here on the forum discussing how to clean your mask parts.
Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
its recommended to wash the mask using pure soap and water to remove facial oil and rinse thoroughly in clean water
Not to use use bleach, antibacterial or scented soaps, detergents or alcohol

Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed recommends plain liquid soap or baby shampoo in warm water but I have been washing mine in a very dilute antibacterial liquid soap and warm water in the bathroom basin.
Post Reply Post Reply
There should be no harm at all in using 3% peroxide to clean your mask and all other items as well. I don;t clean mine daily as possibly recommended by the manufacturer. Once a week works fine for me. It is a very safe and widely used antiseptic that hospitals have used for decades. Cheap too.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
I wash my mask daily because my dog has found that hitting it with his paw is an excellent way to wake me up and then a few licks to make sure I stay awake.
Post Reply Post Reply
ROFL

I got a cat that figured out the best way to wake me in the morning is to stand on the machine and turn it off. The S7 had this huge long button and it was easy for him to push it hard enough. He's not quite figured out where the button is on the S9.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have three mask all the same ,I use each one a week then clean them all at one time with baby shampoo and every 4 or 5 weeks I use control disinfectant
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I disassemble my mask, and wash everything but the headgear in the dishwasher once a week. No dishes, regular detergent, hot "sanitize" cycle, extra rinse, air dry. I also wash my water tank that way.

I have a spare mask and tank and let the cleaned one sit dry for a week before using it.

I've done this for 8 years now, with no obvious problems with the lifetime of the mask or water tank.

I wouldn't wash mask parts that have foam in them.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cleaning F20/F30 QuietAir Elbow 70sSanO 13 5,792 04-12-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Magoo905
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 160 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 236 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,906 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 207 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 414 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 650 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.