Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Climate Control
Climate Control
I have Climate control line with Resmed. If I set to Auto I can change the temperature and if I set to manual I can set the temperature as well what is the difference ? How is the humidity controlled ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Climate Control
(12-20-2015, 04:57 PM)niammus Wrote: I have Climate control line with Resmed. If I set to Auto I can change the temperature and if I set to manual I can set the temperature as well what is the difference ? How is the humidity controlled ?

The temperature setting is for the hose, the humidity setting is for the humidifier. Two different things. Humidity is controlled by the heat applied to the bottom of the humidifier, thus increasing evaporation. This will vary for a given humidity setting depending on how warm or cold the room air is, and how humid the air in the room already is.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Beside being able to adjust the temperature, like in auto, the manual mode allows you to adjust the humidity level (0-7).

Here is an excerpt from the Resmed website concerning the ClimateLine:
Quote:"When using ClimateLine™ heated tubing, we recommend using Auto mode, which defaults to a Climate Control setting of 80° F. From there, you can adjust up and down as necessary. If using ClimateLine heated tubing in Manual mode, start with a humidity level setting of 3 and a heated tube setting of 80°. Adjust the humidity level up and down by 0.5 to address any drying or rainout issues, and adjust the heated tube level up and down in one-degree increments to find the most comfortable temperature setting."

Spec from the H5i humidifier:
Operating Humidity Range: 10-95% non-condensing
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks A lot it's very clear now.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] AHI under control but flow limitation issues guzzle 2 230 04-03-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 162 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  Well, I thought I had AHI under control... LookingForACleverHandle 15 1,076 03-18-2024, 08:19 PM
Last Post: LookingForACleverHandle
  Does EPAP or IPAP control hypopneas? MrIvanDrago 3 311 02-29-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 259 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  CPAP Does Not Control Small Chokes Buitlear 27 2,007 12-03-2023, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Buitlear
  Airsense 11 flashing Climate Line Connected DaveHirschler 4 2,065 08-28-2023, 11:11 PM
Last Post: Millstone50

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.