Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Climateline Tubing
RE: Climateline Tubing
I think you're saying you turned tube temp and humidifier off and got the same results. then you got rainout when you turned the humidifier on but not the tube temp.

if instead you turned the tube temp and humidifier off, got the same results AND rainout, something is wrong that might be a clue to the burnt smell.
Post Reply Post Reply
Correct, I turned off both the tube and humidifier and still got the plastic burn smell. Next I turned on the humidifier but kept the tube temperature off and the result was the same with the smell plus rainout.

Last night I put everything on auto and still had the same smell result but hose stayed dry.
Post Reply Post Reply
Small update! I soaked the hose in baking soda and water and that seems to have made the hose smell much better on its own, hardly no odor at all. However, I smelled the air from the machine itself last night and it also has a very strong plastic smell blowing from it which is coming through my hose. This is a no win situation. I don't know how or where the plastic smell is coming from inside the machine, I can't obviously soak that! Still smells like a vinyl shower curtain....
Post Reply Post Reply
I too have a funky smell in the climateline tubing.  It smells musty!  I can't use it as the smell keeps me awake and I have to take it off.  I've tried cleaning twice...nothing helps.  I call the company and they replace them.  3 out of 5 tubes have had the smell.  I would call whereever you get them and ask for a new one.  Does anyone have a solution for getting rid of the smell?  They smell like they've been stored in a damp place and smell like mildew!
Post Reply Post Reply
Update, my cpap provider has no idea what I'm talking about with the smell. They have never heard of the smell problem. I stopped using my equipment for over a year due to the weird after smell. I currently have been wearing it again but the plastic smell after I remove the mask is nauseating. I'm not using a heated hose, I have 3 tubes and they all smell only after I remove the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 610 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 358 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 760 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  Oxyair tubing for Resmed AS11? CactusJack2 2 392 12-25-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: CactusJack2
  Tubing Mod to Reduce Resmed Airmini + Zephair adapter Inhalation Noise dil950 1 627 12-21-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: RSki
  GRRR. DME supplier shipped ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing in a BAG DaveInDenver 4 547 11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  ClimateLine tubing Palmtrees 20 2,079 11-03-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.