Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Climateline Tubing
RE: Climateline Tubing
I think you're saying you turned tube temp and humidifier off and got the same results. then you got rainout when you turned the humidifier on but not the tube temp.

if instead you turned the tube temp and humidifier off, got the same results AND rainout, something is wrong that might be a clue to the burnt smell.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Correct, I turned off both the tube and humidifier and still got the plastic burn smell. Next I turned on the humidifier but kept the tube temperature off and the result was the same with the smell plus rainout.

Last night I put everything on auto and still had the same smell result but hose stayed dry.
Post Reply Post Reply
Small update! I soaked the hose in baking soda and water and that seems to have made the hose smell much better on its own, hardly no odor at all. However, I smelled the air from the machine itself last night and it also has a very strong plastic smell blowing from it which is coming through my hose. This is a no win situation. I don't know how or where the plastic smell is coming from inside the machine, I can't obviously soak that! Still smells like a vinyl shower curtain....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking to quiet the air sound in the tubing when breathing in vroomvroom 15 399 07-13-2019, 03:08 AM
Last Post: vroomvroom
Question Cleaning of the tubing - how/how often do you do it? Beamrider 19 518 07-07-2019, 01:22 AM
Last Post: Beamrider
  [CPAP] Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset Climateline Pockstriker 15 1,291 04-09-2019, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  ResMed Climateline CPAP hose Big Guy 5 451 12-29-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed Climateline tubing smell wenfroed 18 2,648 04-13-2018, 05:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Article: Finding the Right Tubing (Hose) for Your CPAP PaulKTF 1 466 03-24-2018, 10:19 PM
Last Post: Ron AKA
  Climateline hose story razormarsh 2 674 01-07-2018, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.