Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Considering a used ResMed S9
RE: Considering a used ResMed S9
The newest generation of Phillips Respironics machines would be the System One 60 series machines with the heated hose option.
So you might look at those.

In the Respironics line
Model 260 would be the no data PR S1 Plus that you are using now...single pressure cpap mode
model 460 would be the full data PR S1 Pro CPAP...single pressure cpap mode but also has some limited time with a trial apap mode available.
model 560 would be the full data PR S1 Auto Cpap....has both cpap and apap mode available.

Now if you want ResMed machines....the latest is the S9 model. It has a heated hose option also.
S9 Escape....no data fixed cpap pressure mode
S9 Escape Auto..has apap mode available but the data it collects is so limited it is pretty much useless

S9 Elite...full data fixed cpap
S9 Auto...full data and has both cpap and apap mode available.

The S9 machines have EPR exhale relief...it's different from the CFlex in the M Series and quite nice.
Respironics various Flex options for exhale relief are quite nice too...they don't work the same as EPR works but they still get the job done in a different manner.

Using the heated hose option with either machine allows for more customization of the humidity delivery for comfort and rain out control...
Post Reply Post Reply
Apparently the unit I've been considering is no an AutoSet. It's an S9 Elit. The seller says he doesn't know wether it's an AutoSet. Since he doesn't know, I have to assume that it is not. Thanks for alerting me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2013, 12:47 PM)Paptillian Wrote: For the little bit of extra cash, it's worth getting the AutoSet.
+1
S9 comparison guide http://www.resmed.com/us/products/s9_ser...nc=dealers

PRS1 comparison guide http://www.healthcare.philips.com/asset....-guide.pdf

S9 model name shown next to power button
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.