Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Constant air blowing out through the vents
RE: Constant air blowing out through the vents
OK, thanks again.

I made the adjustments and noticed that, although air was still escaping constantly, it was not so strong, probably due to the lower pressure. However, I did feel quite tired when I woke up so I would appreciate some help to interpret the graphs from yesterday when comparing them to the previous graph with the previous settings. What do you think?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
In all of my posts I have recommend you turn on EPR full time at 2 or 3. This will lower the pressure during exhale and improve your comfort and the variation in pressure you are experiencing through the night. So far you have EPR set to Ramp Only. Please check this setting and turn it on FULL TIME.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, all amended as suggested, hopefully! Sorry, I didn't notice that I hadn't changed the one you mentioned.  Oh-jeez
Anyway, I will attach the graphs for the last two days but I will add some comments and would welcome any advice:

The first night (1st graph) I woke up feeling quite tired (although I have been also having some back problems recently, so that didn't help!) and had noticed that the air still seemed to be blowing out all the time. Also the AHI had increased a lot, comparatively, although it was still quite low.
The second night (2nd graph) the air was still blowing all the time and I had a voice-activated recorder by the bed, which recorded a few episodes of snoring/throat noises which I hadn't recorded for a while - I record every now and again just to check the noise levels and haven't heard anything for years. However, the AHI is back down to my usual level.

Anyway, so I don't have to keep bothering you all the time (I'm sure you have other, better things to do than to deal with my problems! Rolleyes ), could you give me some advice as to what I could adjust and keep an eye on to experiment with trying to lessen the constant air flow. I have started to look through the Help file that comes with the program so maybe you could advise as to which sections would be most useful for me to concentrate on.

As usual, thanks for your help in this and I welcome any suggestions or advice.  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 370 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  [Pressure] DreaamStation Stays at virtually constant pressure; Significant AHI increase Tom Buck 6 407 01-06-2024, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed Airsense 11 blowing full power with no leaks bcodemz 2 871 10-29-2023, 07:57 PM
Last Post: bcodemz
  Help! Having Constant Wake-Ups from "REM-related Events" rosebladepat 9 798 09-26-2023, 09:31 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
Wink Replacing filter fiber in N30i and P30i QuietAir vents - possible! PurpleOx 2 3,187 08-16-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Konomoose
  Curious about constant pressure from oscar jsl316 8 703 07-27-2023, 08:10 AM
Last Post: jsl316
  Dreamstation 2 Constant Pressure Setup gonzalo 1 497 07-03-2023, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.