Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Contec CMS50E Oximeter
Contec CMS50E Oximeter
Hi All,

Been battling this little beast now for hours and I'd really value some assistance.

It records data fine and uploads under control of the PC's SPO2 Review software. BUT - Although the Review software displays the data and prints the reports (some anyway) it does NOT record the data to disk automatically and there doesn't seem to be any facility to do so manually. Uploading the data clears the oximeter's memory and closing the program loses the data that was uploaded - result no data, start again. I'm running software V1.5 .

Is this a known issue? Should the software be saving automatically? Or perhaps I'm just not having a good day!

John
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Contec CMS50E Oximeter
The files are probably there but you can't see them.

From our wiki page:

Quote: In Windows 7, it is located wherever the program installed itself in the "Data" folder. If you navigate to that folder outside of the program, you will not see any files listed. You must click the 'Compatibility Files' option which then takes you to: C:\Users\[user profile name]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\SpO2\Data
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Paula,

Thank you so much! I have much to learn. The files are indeed exactly where you said they would be. I'll have to explore that wiki page too.

Thank you!

John
Post Reply Post Reply
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...2_software

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

It is for the 50D Plus but the software should be the same. Please let me know if there are any big differences for you with yours and I'll update the wiki page.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Paula,

The CMS50E seems very similar to the 50D, with some differences in starting recording (clock which is behind the "record" button should be set to time of day, then recording started.)

One very important fact that probably also applies to the 50D - It is essential to use the USB cable supplied with the device, not just any USB cable that comes to hand. They look the same, but the correct one includes a USB to serial adapter. It's a very frustrating trap for those not in the know!

Cheers

John
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,222 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 90 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 203 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 674 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Is there a pulse oximeter that bluetooths to the Air11? cathyf 2 808 12-19-2023, 01:19 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,867 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.