Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help Me Find a Mask (Foam?)
Help Me Find a Mask (Foam?)
Please help me find a mask.  I'm thinking FFM + foam is the key.

I'm really liking the AirTouch F20 … BUT not the headgear (it is giving my head/neck SUCH terrible pain).  Would the "for her" version solve that? 

The reason I like the AirTouch F20 is because 1) it's full face, and 2) it stays sealed due to the memory foam.

I can't get others to stay sealed (Amara View, AirFit F20) because in the middle of the night my jaw goes slack, and suddenly I hear a "burp" or "hiss" out the silicone.

Is there another FFM with memory foam?  Or is there another material that can maintain contact with my skin despite when my jaw goes slack in the middle of the night?

OR - and I'm handy, so there's this - how could I tweak/alter the headgear to make it work for me?

My fav headgear is the P10.  Has anyone rigged the P10 headgear onto a F20? 

ANY recommendations for me?  I'm really suffering... and really just wanting to love my CPAP experience.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help Me Find a Mask (Foam?)
I've looked at a lot of masks and the Air touch is only foam lined mask I've run across.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ugh. That's not encouraging. :-/

Ok, so I need to create a rig for the AirTouch cushion. Oy. Ok. Anyone have tips on that?
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried the Airtouch with a mask liner? It may allow you to wear the headgear more  loosely. 

That would be a real task for the P10 headgear to hold up a FFM. You would think after all these years someone could come up with a near perfect mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Perhaps, you could try again AirFit F20?

I had the same experience as you with Amara View and initially with AirFit F20. Once jaw drops, both masks were leaking.

So, I tried larger F20 cushion, going from M to L, and although it may fell bigger than needed, no leaks!
Post Reply Post Reply
I need to get away from the F20 headgear. The headgear isn't even tight on me (I probably need the For Her version, but I couldn't find it on Amazon). But where it hugs the head/neck is SO very painful for me, I can hardly stand it (it even causes ongoing pain throughout the day).

I must find different headgear, if not a different mask altogether.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,619 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  CPAP compressed air path design, foam, filtration & maintenance MaNoise 10 227 03-25-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MaNoise
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 204 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 448 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,222 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 330 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Was sick for a while and didn't use my PAP machine for about two weeks. Now I find my JonZ333 1 331 01-16-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.