Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Contec CMS60C PulseOx time sync question
Contec CMS60C PulseOx time sync question
Has anyone figured out how to make the Contec CMS60C Pulse/Oximeter sync time and date with your computer? I have Win7, and SpO2 Assistant v2.4 which is the latest software and the latest driver and no mater what I do, the Options / Synchronize Device Time always gives the same result. "Device does not support this feature". That's unconscionable! That's tantamount to you trying to collect pulse/ox data and it telling you it doesn't support that feature - it's like asking your phone to ring when someone calls and it says, duh, I don't support that feature. In the reports, it even says d/m/y for day month year. What idiot software engineer would do that? I always have to write the date and time in the notes and of course set the 24 hour time when I start recording. Oh, it doesn't matter if I'm recording or in real time "espial" mode. Not that it matters, but I'm in Com 3 (USB port).
Why would I even care beyond the obvious? Well, I read on the forum here where Sleepyhead can sync up certain Contec Pulse/Oximeters to the apnea data.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Contec CMS60C PulseOx time sync question
HI Richard-KW,
WELCOME! TO THE FORUM.!
HANG IN THERE FOR ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS AND BEST OF LUCK TO YOU.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2014, 08:43 PM)Richard-KW Wrote: Has anyone figured out how to make the Contec CMS60C Pulse/Oximeter sync time and date with your computer? I have Win7, and SpO2 Assistant v2.4 which is the latest software and the latest driver and no mater what I do, the Options / Synchronize Device Time always gives the same result. "Device does not support this feature". That's unconscionable! That's tantamount to you trying to collect pulse/ox data and it telling you it doesn't support that feature - it's like asking your phone to ring when someone calls and it says, duh, I don't support that feature. In the reports, it even says d/m/y for day month year. What idiot software engineer would do that? I always have to write the date and time in the notes and of course set the 24 hour time when I start recording. Oh, it doesn't matter if I'm recording or in real time "espial" mode. Not that it matters, but I'm in Com 3 (USB port).
Why would I even care beyond the obvious? Well, I read on the forum here where Sleepyhead can sync up certain Contec Pulse/Oximeters to the apnea data.

Hey Trish, thanks for the welcome
Richard
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure what you are trying to sync up with. The device won't sync time with your computer? Or it won't with SleepyHead?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2014, 06:36 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I'm not sure what you are trying to sync up with. The device won't sync time with your computer? Or it won't with SleepyHead?

Short answer, It won't sync with computer time, therefore, I'm guessing it won't sync with SleepyHead software from what I've read here. (Anyway, I'm not there yet). (Waiting on the online Medicare contractor for my ResMed S9 AutoSet).
Long answer:
Hey Hey Paula, remember that one (by Paul and Paula 1963)? Hi, thanks for the response. I want to enter the time into the device either manually or by syncing with the computer. The software says d/m/y - and that's all it ever says. That's in the info banner across the top of the screen (I can start the 24 recorder with the correct time, but it doesn't show up there). I would also like that to say m/d/y and then to be able to input the time manually or automatically. As I understand it, v2.4 of the Contec software is the latest. That inability is a major short-coming.
Also, I read somewhere here on the forum that rather than pay the outrageous cost of the ResMed SpO2 device that plugs into the back of a ResMed AutoSet, you could just use a moderately priced Contec and that SleepyHead software has the ability to sync its Sp02 data to your apnea data if the time is close. I'm guessing the software has the ability to match certain characteristics or rhythms. Anyway, somebody sounded like they knew what they were talking about.
I take SpO2 printouts into my doctor and all he sees is an empty d/m/y - then I point out the time in the graph/chart and my add-on notes. I know this is not an SpO2 board, but I've seen it mentioned here and this device has been key for me and everything else unfolding the way it has.
I know you didn't ask, but just in case someone wants to know, you can clearly see on my SpO2 printouts that I go into REM or some other episode and the SpO2 goes from normal 96/97 to 71/74. Add an O2 concentrator and cannula during sleep and the O2 only gets me up to a low in the 80/84 range - a gain of 10 is not good enough. That's how the sleep test came about - That's probably backwards, but I don't care as long as we get me healthy.
Say Paula, I wrote a long private post to SuperSleeper and if you're interested, you both have my permission to exchange that. I just wanted someone to hold my hand and answer some questions. Thanks - Richard
Post Reply Post Reply
First, syncing with SleepyHead is a delicate thing and I'm not sure SleepyHead will accept the data from your device anyway. There's a wiki article on how to do it with another device and you can try to see if it will work.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Second, where did you purchase the device? Can you contact them and ask them how to do it? I purchased mine (a much much simplier device) from Supplier #19 and I know they have answered questions from others before. Not sure if they would help if you did not buy the device from them, however.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2014, 08:43 PM)Richard-KW Wrote: Has anyone figured out how to make the Contec CMS60C Pulse/Oximeter sync time and date with your computer? I have Win7, and SpO2 Assistant v2.4 which is the latest software and the latest driver and no mater what I do, the Options / Synchronize Device Time always gives the same result. "Device does not support this feature".
First and foremost, these devices don't really have a clock, They have a timer that uses clock numerical format. So there's no way that they can possibly sync to anything. However crazy that is, It is what it is!

The proper way to get the unit to display the correct time in the files is to set the time that you start recording to the actual clock time just as you press the "Yes" button to start the unit recording. This is the same for all the CMS 50 & 60 units.

Getting the time correct is almost impossible, but you should be able to get within 30 seconds or so by trial and error.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Richard-KW, I am looking to buy a Oximeter I have two options CMS50F and yours CMS60C, were you finally be able to sync with the sleepy head software? or I want read the data from the oximeter in the Sleepyhead software, can it be possible? I think CMS60C is more robust deive than the CMS50F. the difference is not too much so i think i can afford the CMS60C, thanks in advance for your comment or comments from anybody.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2018, 08:08 PM)Borreguito Wrote: Hi Richard-KW, I am looking to buy a Oximeter I have two options CMS50F and yours CMS60C, were you finally be able to sync with the sleepy head software? or I want read the data from the oximeter in the Sleepyhead software, can it be possible? I think CMS60C is more robust deive than the CMS50F. the difference is not too much so i think i can afford the CMS60C, thanks in advance for your comment or comments from anybody.

Hi Borreguito. I never did sync the time / date and I quit using the sleepy head software because I missed a month of downloading the SD card into sleepyhead and it was totally blank  for that one month even though I had 100% compliance. The other software I use which is the Resmed software did not have this gap. I never did understand why one would be blank and the other not. Anyway, I went on for many months looking at that gap and finally got sick of seeing it. I mean who would want to turn a blank month into his doctor when the other printout doesn't have a blank month? Anyway, I have been on CPAP for 4 1/2 years, so compliance does not even matter. Eventually I uninstalled sleepyhead and just kept going with the Resmed program. Sleepy head will work as long as you don't forget to download the first few days of every month. I would recommend the CMS60C. My doctor liked it so much, he borrowed mine and then he bought one for himself and his patients (to lend). I bought mine from south east medical supply. This recording pulse-oximeter was very important in my life because it showed that I stop breathing at night and I also breathe very shallowly. My doctor put me on oxygen (just when sleeping) and cpap  The O2 is fed right into my Resmed tubing. There's a port near the machine. Oh, and on the printouts which I show my doctor from time to time - I just write the date / time on there and initial it for Doc. One more thing, I actually got down below 70% O2 during sleep. When it happened three times and I showed the doctor the printout, I was put on the O2 and CPAP. Sometimes you have to do a little 'doctoring' yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 205 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,431 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 616 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 171 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 802 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,216 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.