Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Couple of questions about Sleepyhead on the Mac
Couple of questions about Sleepyhead on the Mac
Folks,

Been using my ResMed S9 Auto for about 6 weeks now and it seems to be helping (much fewer late afternoon naps Smile ). I've also got a Comtec CMS50F to monitor my pulseox some of the time.

I've got the ResMed and ComTec software running on Windows 7 under Parallels on the Mac but I've been trying to get Sleepyhead working too. I have a couple of questions -

1. Has anyone been able to get the direct import working for the CMS50F into Sleepyhead? I can import the .spoR files that the ComTec windows software generates but I'd rather just do this directly. Sleepyhead doesn't show any ComTec devices connected and a rescan of the serial ports doesn't help. I can see the CMS50F show up on the USB port (and it works in Windows). Any clues or pointers?

2. Is is possible to delete a pulseox session from Sleepyhead. I goofed the start time for one of the sessions and it's badly out of sync with the ResMed info. Any chance of a mulligan with this? Smile

Many thanks for any help - the forum has been *really* helpful in getting up to speed with my CPAP treatment...

Cheers!

Scott...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Couple of questions about Sleepyhead on the Mac
Hi smackie,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't use "Sleepyhead," but hang in there and someone will help you soon. It's great to hear that you have had such good results with your CPAP therapy.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
CMS 60F
Greetings Smackie
I'm interested in your experience of the CMS 60F Oximeter. Are you pleased with it so far. Yes, I read that the Sleepyhead SW is compatible with the 50 Series, but I don't know about the 60 Series.
Does it come with software for PC (I have virtual PC Windows XP via Parallels).
Thank you for any input here.
PatrickSleep-well

(11-25-2012, 12:40 PM)smackie Wrote: Folks,

Been using my ResMed S9 Auto for about 6 weeks now and it seems to be helping (much fewer late afternoon naps Smile ). I've also got a Comtec CMS50F to monitor my pulseox some of the time.

I've got the ResMed and ComTec software running on Windows 7 under Parallels on the Mac but I've been trying to get Sleepyhead working too. I have a couple of questions -

1. Has anyone been able to get the direct import working for the CMS50F into Sleepyhead? I can import the .spoR files that the ComTec windows software generates but I'd rather just do this directly. Sleepyhead doesn't show any ComTec devices connected and a rescan of the serial ports doesn't help. I can see the CMS50F show up on the USB port (and it works in Windows). Any clues or pointers?

2. Is is possible to delete a pulseox session from Sleepyhead. I goofed the start time for one of the sessions and it's badly out of sync with the ResMed info. Any chance of a mulligan with this? Smile

Many thanks for any help - the forum has been *really* helpful in getting up to speed with my CPAP treatment...

Cheers!

Scott...

Post Reply Post Reply
OOPS: Misread 50F for 60F Sorry
Sorry, Smackie and List
I misread.
PatrickHuh

(11-25-2012, 01:59 PM)Patrick Wrote: Greetings Smackie
I'm interested in your experience of the CMS 60F Oximeter. Are you pleased with it so far. Yes, I read that the Sleepyhead SW is compatible with the 50 Series, but I don't know about the 60 Series.
Does it come with software for PC (I have virtual PC Windows XP via Parallels).
Thank you for any input here.
PatrickSleep-well

(11-25-2012, 12:40 PM)smackie Wrote: Folks,

Cheers!

Scott...

Post Reply Post Reply
To import into Sleepyhead, it has to be that spOr format. There's the SpO2 Review software but I don't think it is for Mac.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2012, 04:38 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: To import into Sleepyhead, it has to be that spOr format. There's the SpO2 Review software but I don't think it is for Mac.

Paula,

I can import the SpO2 info via the Windows tools (as I can run the ComTec software on my Mac under emulation). Sleepyhead does look like it'll import directly from a ComTec device (i.e. it has some support for serial/usb connections) but I can't get that bit to work. It's not a huge deal if it won't work but I figured I'd ask around...

Cheers!

Scott...
Post Reply Post Reply
As far as I know, none of the oximeters will import directly into SleepyHead.

Have you seen this?
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

The instructions are for the 50D Plus which is a lower end model of what you have.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Juniper's questions juniper 5 77 2 hours ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  In a quandry over a couple of things... SheShells23 27 363 10 hours ago
Last Post: SheShells23
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 230 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 298 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 441 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,542 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie questions - What am I seeing? lmftit 0 351 09-04-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: lmftit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.