Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Craaigs List Machine
RE: Craaigs List Machine
This may not be the machine you are looking for, but if you are patient, reasonably educated on which machine(s) you are looking for, and the going prices of said machines, you can sometimes get very good deals, as many people abandon cpap therapy quickly and just want to sell their cpap machine for something.

Unfortunately, many have no idea of the value of their used machines, which is why you'll see a crazy range of prices - you can often see people asking more for their used, non-data capable machine than you can buy a like new machine from Supplier 2. They only know the original, pre-insurance cost was a couple thousand or more, so they figure it must certainly be worth $600 or more. Many, if not most, of the Craigslist ads for cpap machines are asking crazy high prices.

But not all. In the past I've purchased a lightly used S9 autoset machine with warranty from Supplier 2 and been very happy with it - they even replaced the humidifier about 6 months later when it went wonky, no questions asked. Excellent vendor.

More recently I also recently jumped on a lightly used S9 autoset on Craigslist for $140, AND the seller threw in several almost new masks of the exact type I prefer, several brand new unopened replacement pillows, and several new, unopened hoses. I would have had to pay more than $140 even at online discount vendors just for the mask supplies.

The key was I knew *exactly* what this machine was worth, how to check the usage hours, and I immediately jumped on the ad when I saw it. Great deals like that are rare, and when they pop up you need to already be informed enough to recognize and quickly move on the deal before someone else does. The great deals go fast.

So deals are definitely out there if you know exactly what you're looking for, set up alerts so you know about new ads that might meet your criteria quickly, can be patient in waiting for the deals, and act quickly as soon as a good deal appears.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Craaigs List Machine
(04-24-2015, 11:41 AM)Kemosabe Wrote: Great deals like that are rare, and when they pop up you need to already be informed enough to recognize and quickly move on the deal before someone else does. The great deals go fast.

Yup. Have cash on hand and act fast when you see the ad. One was posted on a Thursday, I called on Friday and made the drive the next morning arriving at 12:30 pm. As I was leaving with a S9 Autoset and a S9 VPAP Auto the seller was texting the next potential buyer in line to not come after all to their 1:00 pm appointment.

I got both machines for $620 and a few months later I sold the Autoset for $320.

$140 for that machine is a crazy good deal. He could have easily gotten twice that.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 332 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  OSCAR Compat List Brewskie 2 250 01-10-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Brewskie
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,195 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,796 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Supplier List Use? midwestguy 1 622 12-12-2021, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information NOTICE: New "Home Sleep Test Provider List" SuperSleeper 3 1,326 12-12-2021, 08:11 PM
Last Post: midwestguy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.