Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Current Fault Error Message S9 Elite
Current Fault Error Message S9 Elite
My ResMed S9 Elite has suddenly stopped working. There is an error message on the screen that reads "Current Fault, Contact Service Provider" Has anyone else experienced this before? My service provider hasn't been able to help me. The unit starts up as normal, and when I hit the start button it resets and gives that error message. I've been unable to use my CPAP for a week now. My poor wife can't sleep due to my snoring. Please help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Current Fault Error Message S9 Elite
Hi Richie,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It sounds like your power supply is failing on you, but hang in there for more answers to your questions.
Best of luck to you in getting this situation straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
It may not help, but just for drill unplug the power supply from the wall and from the back of the machine. Let everything sit for a 1/2 hour, then plug it back in.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2014, 11:17 PM)Richie Wrote: My ResMed S9 Elite has suddenly stopped working. There is an error message on the screen that reads "Current Fault, Contact Service Provider" Has anyone else experienced this before? My service provider hasn't been able to help me. The unit starts up as normal, and when I hit the start button it resets and gives that error message. I've been unable to use my CPAP for a week now. My poor wife can't sleep due to my snoring. Please help!

If less than 2 yrs old should be under warrantee and DME needs to call ResMed Customer Service to obtain Return Material Authorization (RMA) and send to ResMed for repair.

Has the DME tried replacing the power supply? (Make sure to get power supply adequate for heated hose option.)

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! It's 4.5 years old. Tried unplugging, no luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-01-2014, 01:02 PM)Richie Wrote: It's 4.5 years old. Tried unplugging, no luck.

As background info, I suggest first checking prices from Supplier #2 (link to Supplier List is at top of all forum pages), and then bringing your machine to your DME, for the DME to test it when powered by a different power brick.

If it is only the old power brick which is bad (maybe a power surge damaged it), would make sense to buy new power brick.

Good luck.
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 6 7,073 03-30-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Ron LI
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,522 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 122 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 153 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 130 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 392 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
Gross DreamStation Error Front Panel drouou 2 229 02-10-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: drouou

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.