Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Current ResMed models
Current ResMed models
I am starting the process to get a new machine. It will be a ResMed Auto, but for BiPAP mode. I am being told that it will be an AirCurve 10, but I notice that there are several models of that. Can someone tell me what the different model suffixes are used for? Can the AirSense 10 Autoset be used in BiPAP mode? I would like to get the best unit regardless of price. I also note that the ResMed model 10 series is at least five years old. Should I  be holding out for the new Model 11 series? I can continue on my older machine. Please comment on any or all of my questions.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Current ResMed models
The autoset has a bilevel like EPR but it’s setting of EPR is 1, 2 or 3. And it is like a bilevel.

An aircurve VAUTO is a true bilevel that goes up by .2 (it is called ps pressure support) all the way up to I believe 20. It is an excellent machine. With a number of other settings that the airsense doesn’t have.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
The ResMed AirSense 11 has been announced -- CPAP, Elite, and Autoset models. ResMed has not announced an "11" series for the AirCurve bilevel machines like the VAuto. Nor have I heard any rumors about when that might happen.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Myself I'd be ok with the AirCurve 10 VAuto. This is the auto BPAP model.

PS ResMed changes a few things on the new devices. A lot of it is in form factor not therapy directly. ResMed has a very good algorithm.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Like with so many things in life, "new and improved" doesn't always mean new and improved.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-26-2021, 07:05 PM)staceyburke Wrote: The autoset has a bilevel like EPR but it’s setting of EPR is 1, 2 or 3. And it is like a bilevel.

An aircurve VAUTO is a true bilevel that goes up by .2 (it is called ps pressure support) all the way up to I believe 20. It is an excellent machine. With a number of other settings that the airsense doesn’t have.

After 6.5 years of an Airsense10 Autoset, I got an Aircurve10 Vauto. For me, the vauto with PS of 3.0 is vastly superior to the autoset with EPR of 3. I definitely need the pressure support (EPR of 3 is way better than EPR of 0), but EPR is not enough. There are other settings that I don't understand on the vauto that I left alone, and apparently the default settings of those also contributes to therapy.

My comparison, however, is between the 2014 version of the autoset and a 2019 version of the vauto. The Autoset underwent big changes in 2016. It is certainly possible that one or both of the two things I don't have (ForHer and EasyBreathe) do make the autoset at EPR 3 closer to the vauto at PS of 3.0.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-26-2021, 06:54 PM)Choke43 Wrote: I am starting the process to get a new machine. It will be a ResMed Auto, but for BiPAP mode. I am being told that it will be an AirCurve 10, but I notice that there are several models of that. Can someone tell me what the different model suffixes are used for? Can the AirSense 10 Autoset be used in BiPAP mode? I would like to get the best unit regardless of price. I also note that the ResMed model 10 series is at least five years old. Should I  be holding out for the new Model 11 series? I can continue on my older machine. Please comment on any or all of my questions.Thanks to all for the feedback. Very helpful in understanding the differences between the two basic ResMd

Thanks Thanks to all for the feedback! I find it very helpful for understanding the differences between the two basic machines. I think the Aircurve is the one for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 65 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
Question [CPAP] Help to understand current situation and OSCAR data 3dkid14 0 254 01-18-2024, 04:21 AM
Last Post: 3dkid14
  How to determine my current no-CPAP AHI BigWing 18 950 12-17-2023, 10:44 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Central vs. OA Events: Switching Machines or Tweaking Current CPAP Settings? fjones416 4 498 12-14-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Current stock ResMed AS10 AutoSet machines discounted JCinPA 0 471 04-10-2023, 11:39 AM
Last Post: JCinPA
  Advice on current setup / Oscar data jasonturnbull25 0 417 01-29-2023, 01:49 PM
Last Post: jasonturnbull25
Question [Symptoms] Need advice on current treatment and OSCAR data Hsramy 2 465 01-29-2023, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.