Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] DME GAVE ME APAP THAT HAD BEEN HEAVILY USED?
RE: DME GAVE ME APAP THAT HAD BEEN HEAVILY USED?
Keep us updated. We don't like rip-off artist DME's.

Which one was this one BTW?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am hesitant to name them at this point. I want to see what they have to say about it and how they resolve it before I attack. I would be glad to let you know in a private message. I live in Little Rock, AR so I assume they are just a local provider.  When I was diagnosed the nurse gave me a list of 4 and I picked one at random because it was close to home.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok copy.

If they attempt to burn you further then go ahead and shout them out. If it gets that far, consider it a public service announcement to avoid XYZ in Someplace USA.

BTW consider researching your other DME candidates, you may be visiting them soon.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
LOL, good advice.  I was just now researching the company. Seems that they are a part of TS Acquisitions, Inc. Does that ring a bell?
Post Reply Post Reply
Not to me, but it might for someone. Oh, once action starts with this DME, don't let off the gas pedal. You will likely need to be pretty proactive, calling them to check on progress and such like. They tend to forget and fall asleep frequently when given tasks to do anything except run the card machine to bill you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will do.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another aspect to selecting a DME under Medicare, is to determine their status as a provider. You can search for providers here https://www.medicare.gov/medical-equipment-suppliers/

There are providers that accept Medicare, participating providers and participating providers that accept assignment.  Do you know your DME is a participating provider that accepts assignment?  You should always check to make sure. Participating providers have signed an agreement to accept assignment for all Medicare-covered services.  Many companies are deceptive about their actual participation with Medicare. You need to ask specifically if they are a "participating provider that accepts assignment". If your doctor, provider, or supplier accepts assignment, your out-of-pocket costs may be less. They agree to charge you only the Medicare deductible and coinsurance amount and usually wait for Medicare to pay its share before asking you to pay your share. They have to submit your claim directly to Medicare and can't charge you for submitting the claim.  You don't have to sign a private contract. You can always go to another provider who gives services through Medicare. If you are asked to sign a private contract with your doctor or other provider, find a different provider.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I got the runaround regarding equipment replacement (mask, etc.) from the RT at my DME  (over the phone due to distance from my home plus Covid), I asked for her name and politely requested to speak with her supervisor.  

The supervisor promptly called me back and after I explained what I had been told by the RT, he was all over himself apologizing, said I was definitely entitled to what I was requesting, and that our conversation convinced him his employees needed additional "customer service" training.   Happy Eyes

My point, agreeing with other posts above:  always go up the chain with the DME when your gut tells you you're being fed a bunch of BS.  And switch DME's if necessary.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just checked seven suppliers close to me, not a one accepts assignment. Hopefully my secondary insurance will cover it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Plakky.  That is my next step.  I worked in hospitals for 45 years, but had no dealings with these companies. i had no clue it was as bad as this.

Sleeprider, now that you mention billing it dawned on me that the DME provider never asked for my Medicare or BlueCross information. Do they not bill until the trial period is over? I just called them, but they are closed for the day.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 362 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 557 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 426 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,410 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,147 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 585 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.