I would just log on to the DME's web site where I'd see a list of eligible supplies. I click on what I want, they charge my credit card, and mail the supplies to me.
I'm on my second DME now. Changed when I changed doctors mostly because I wasn't happy with the way the first DME was taking and filling my orders. For example they supplied my original CPAP and two weeks later a BiPAP. They over-charged me for the BiPAP to the tune of $300, never told me, and applied the credit to my account using it to pay for my supplies. A year or so later I found out when I asked why I hadn't been billed for supplies. They then offered to send me a check for the credit on my account. They could not or would not send me a statement showing how they arrived at the balance on my account, telling me that my insurance company supplies that information when they send me my EOB's.
Now I'm having similar issues with the second DME. I've ordered supplies from them three times now in the last few months. Yesterday they sent me a mask, hose and filters. When I placed that order I asked if they could simply send me the rest of the eligible supplies for the remainder of this calendar year. No. They said that I would have to call every three months because the insurance company has it set up that way.
In today's mail I get another mask, hose, and filters. And it's the mask I used to use which is different from the mask they sent me yesterday.
This is too much!
Apnea Board Moderator