Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] DME Success! Buh Bye Escape!!
DME Success! Buh Bye Escape!!
Just got off the phone with the rep from my DME. I will be switching the S9 Escape with an S9 Elite this afternoon!!

Funny, it was like trying to deal with a car salesman. "Let me talk to my manager and see what we can do and I'll call you back." Well, I'm one of the weirdos who actually enjoy that "game" and politely pointed out to her that what she was telling me about the Escape and also, my RX, was in fact not true. Gotta love being armed with facts when dealing with these entities!

Thanks to this board and the kind folks who offered advice, can't express that enough! Now, I can finally have the data I need and admittedly, crave!

A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures....
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DME Success! Buh Bye Escape!!
(04-14-2014, 10:24 AM)Stargazer Wrote: Just got off the phone with the rep from my DME. I will be switching the S9 Escape with an S9 Elite this afternoon!!

Funny, it was like trying to deal with a car salesman. "Let me talk to my manager and see what we can do and I'll call you back." Well, I'm one of the weirdos who actually enjoy that "game" and politely pointed out to her that what she was telling me about the Escape and also, my RX, was in fact not true. Gotta love being armed with facts when dealing with these entities!

Thanks to this board and the kind folks who offered advice, can't express that enough! Now, I can finally have the data I need and admittedly, crave!

That is great news. The elite is a great machine. I suppose they won't give you the S9 Auto which is only about $100 or so more than the elite? Again, this is great news as now you will have a machine that is capable of giving you some info on how you are doing rather than just compliance data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure you drove the bargain hard enough.
Should have held out for the S9 Autoset.
I'm not too familiar with the Elite, so my opinion may be null.
But, I think you went in to the dealership with a Yugo, and came out with a Ford Pinto; when you really wanted a BMW.

What say the rest of the forum?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2014, 10:32 AM)me50 Wrote: That is great news. The elite is a great machine. I suppose they won't give you the S9 Auto which is only about $100 or so more than the elite? Again, this is great news as now you will have a machine that is capable of giving you some info on how you are doing rather than just compliance data.

My main objective was to push for a non-brick machine. I've been reading about the pros/cons on here with an autoset and it probably would have been nice to have but quite honestly, the Escape was working well.

For me, there wasn't a huge difference in need between the Autoset and the Elite but there WAS a huge difference between the Escape (BRICK) and the others so....I'm quite happy. It'll be nice to see the mask-fit, AHI, leak rate and other features now versus just telling me how long I used the thing.

Hopefully, others may read these posts and not make the mistake I did going in partially blind as to what features a machine will have; plenty of great advice on this Board and plenty of very helpful, friendly folks as well! Again, I am SO glad I am here and very thankful to those of you who have replied to this and other posts!
Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Stargazer,
CONGRATULATIONS!
While it is true that you got a straight CPAP machine, at least it is data-capable; it would have been nice if you could have gotten the S9AutoSet, though.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Good job Stargazer. Enjoy your new machine and know you did what you needed to do to make things right for your new lifestyle.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2014, 11:25 AM)retired_guy Wrote: Good job Stargazer. Enjoy your new machine and know you did what you needed to do to make things right for your new lifestyle.

Thank you, Retired Guy.

Should I have held out for the Autoset? Probably for sure! Unfortunately, I shouldn't have had such tunnel vision on wanting to upgrade to a machine that was data-capable and ignoring the other features of the Autoset. Yup, I'm still living and learning........

Having said that, the Brick that is the S9 Escape has met my first and main goal of feeling alive and SO much better. The S9 Elite will do the same but will also meet my second goal of being a data-capable machine.

No, the S9 Elite is not a "BMW" but the bottom line; I am comfortable with the upgrade and quite happy. We'll see how things go, stay tuned!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2014, 12:10 PM)Stargazer Wrote:
(04-14-2014, 11:25 AM)retired_guy Wrote: Good job Stargazer. Enjoy your new machine and know you did what you needed to do to make things right for your new lifestyle.

Thank you, Retired Guy.

Should I have held out for the Autoset? Probably for sure! Unfortunately, I shouldn't have had such tunnel vision on wanting to upgrade to a machine that was data-capable and ignoring the other features of the Autoset. Yup, I'm still living and learning........

Having said that, the Brick that is the S9 Escape has met my first and main goal of feeling alive and SO much better. The S9 Elite will do the same but will also meet my second goal of being a data-capable machine.

No, the S9 Elite is not a "BMW" but the bottom line; I am comfortable with the upgrade and quite happy. We'll see how things go, stay tuned!!

You should, in my opinion, hold out for the Auto Set. You get 2 machines in one and if you can't do with a set pressure, then you can set the machine to a pressure range. The auto set costs very little more than the elite. This is just my opinion. My DME told me that they don't like patients having an auto set but he never gave me a valid reason as to why that would be. You are getting more bang for the buck but more importantly, if you can't do with straight CPAP, you have an option rather than having to switch to the auto set or vpap and start all over in the rental period if you have to rent for a certain amount of months. JMHO.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is something to be said for the AutoSet, especially being a 2 in 1 machine. More than likely, I will end up with that machine. Will be talking with my Dr shortly and will have him write a specific, dispense as written RX, for the AutoSet.

Quick question for anyone with an AutoSet and/or an Apap; Has anyone experienced some sleep difficulties or disturbances related to the changing pressures? I've read where that could be an issue for some and must admit, it worried me. I somehow overlooked the fact that the AutoSet is able to go back to Cpap mode if that or anything else became an issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2014, 03:11 PM)Stargazer Wrote: Quick question for anyone with an AutoSet and/or an Apap; Has anyone experienced some sleep difficulties or disturbances related to the changing pressures?
I've not experienced such thing. IMO everyone should have one, cost wise $40 more but great more in terms of effective treatment

Beside being two machines in one, there are many advantages too:
http://www.resmed.com/au/service_and_sup...c=patients

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,618 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,917 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 7 547 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ranvanman
  My resmed s9 escape auto does not save date and time. jocemar 2 280 12-30-2023, 11:03 PM
Last Post: jocemar
Cool Success story. ASV - switched from full face to nasal mask 00derek 2 901 11-25-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Getting data off a Resmed Escape II Gralli 3 433 08-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Gralli
  Another Collar Success Story MickTravis 12 1,842 04-02-2023, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.