Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] DME gave me an AirSense 10 Autoset with 299 hours on it
RE: DME gave me an AirSense 10 Autoset with 299 hours on it
(06-14-2018, 05:23 PM)ewokempire Wrote: Well, I tried it last night, and the air did smell kinda weird. Like sweet lipbalm or something, obviously from the previous user(s). I think that's enough of a reason for me not to give them a "pass" on this one. Going to request a new machine.

Good call.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Haha, I just called them up - told them that the air smelled like cherries last night. Guy who gave me the machine yesterday said:

"That's just the new tubing smell."

"Yeah... I don't think so. I know what that smells like. But I checked on the 'About' page of the machine, and it said it's been used for 299 hours already."

... silence ...

"299 hours?! I don't know how that could have happened!"

I'm shocked, shocked to find gambling is going on in here.

So I have an appointment set up for tomorrow morning to exchange it for a new zero hour machine. I'll 2x check the hours myself.

Will I have to look in the clinical menu myself tomorrow, or are the hours displayed on the regular "About" page going to show the total that the machine has done? I know that one of the "odometers" can be reset, but not the other.
Post Reply Post Reply
You should check the clinicians menu in the about section. While your in the clinicians menu you can go ahead and change essentials to plus. Smile
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-14-2018, 06:21 PM)ewokempire Wrote: <snip>
Will I have to look in the clinical menu myself tomorrow, or are the hours displayed on the regular "About" page going to show the total that the machine has done? I know that one of the "odometers" can be reset, but not the other.

(06-14-2018, 06:41 PM)JesseLee Wrote: You should check the clinicians menu in the about section. While your in the clinicians menu you can go ahead and change essentials to plus. Smile

You might want to check the hours while you're at the DME; wouldn't hurt to drive home the point that you aren't sure about their integrity.

However, you should not change the settings until you get home, in case they want to start a quarrel over that.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-14-2018, 06:54 PM)ShaunBlake Wrote:
(06-14-2018, 06:21 PM)ewokempire Wrote: <snip>

(06-14-2018, 06:41 PM)JesseLee Wrote: You should check the clinicians menu in the about section. While your in the clinicians menu you can go ahead and change essentials to plus. Smile

You might want to check the hours while you're at the DME; wouldn't hurt to drive home the point that you aren't sure about their integrity.

However, you should not change the settings until you get home, in case they want to start a quarrel over that.

I concur with Sir Shaun Smile
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
I plan on brazenly going into the clinician menu and checking both the odometer and trip-odometer while I’m there. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, you better not give them that sweet-little-puppy look or they'll likely bully you!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-14-2018, 09:54 PM)ShaunBlake Wrote: Well, you better not give them that sweet-little-puppy look or they'll likely bully you!

Just wear your Police Academy sweat shirt and tell them your in a hurry because have to get back to the station.

They don't know it's the gas station. Bigwink
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Went in and got a new zero hour machine today. I checked the usage at the office when the clinician was in the clinician's menu. No fight, just a simple "sorry about that" - easy.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2018, 02:33 PM)ewokempire Wrote: … No fight, just a simple "sorry about that" - easy.

hmm…  I may have to change my approach and try looking like a sweet puppy.  Even though it works, it won't be near as enjloyable.

Congrats, ewokempire, I'm glad it worked out well, and I'm glad that your DME seems to be a stand-up provider.

Now… what adjustments do you think you need to make, or did the clinician set it up they way you wanted to set it?  Really eager to see your results!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 490 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 124 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 844 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 169 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 292 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 254 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.