Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] DME gave me an AirSense 10 Autoset with 299 hours on it
RE: DME gave me an AirSense 10 Autoset with 299 hours on it
Solved the credit issue with various offices (labs, doctors, etc..) and just say I don't have one to give them. Either that or tell them the only card I have is one they don't take.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had mine for a week and it has 251 run hours. I got mine through Apria and I've heard they are a pain to talk to. My insurance sent me something saying they are only covering 3 months, but Apria said my insurance covers till the end of the year because I've met my deductible. I'm really confused. After the end of the year Ill have 4 months where I pay $50. Not sure if I want to complain or not, I'm stressed enough as it is.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-25-2018, 07:15 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: Solved the credit issue with various offices (labs, doctors, etc..) and just say I don't have one to give them. Either that or tell them the only card I have is one they don't take.

Homer

...and, another bill in the mail from them yesterday. Will start with a polite phone call,  and explain that "100% covered" means I don't owe them a damn penny.  Will try to be nice.  To start. Them the gloves will be coming off...because they have already been called for the $212 they tried to charge me.  I guess they are hoping I am stupid or clueless or a sheep.  Argh! Love my CPAP, and hate my DME.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-25-2018, 03:03 AM)PerChancetoDream Wrote: My DME tried to collect a $212 "copayment" on a Resmed Airsense 10, that was covered 100% by my insurance; if I didn't give them a credit card, the RT was going to take my toys and leave, and it could have been another3 weeks to get anyone back.

Lucky for me, the RT wrote down my credit card numbers with a mistake and they didn't go thru.

When I called my health insurance company the next day, they called the DME for me and told them it was 100% covered (with trial period, etc) & then the DME sent me an $11 statement, because apparently they never give up.  I threw it out and am waiting to see if they try to get that fraudulent $11 from me again.

DME= slimey people to me so far

IMO best practice is refuse to supply CC info. If they won't proceed without, go elsewhere.

PS hope you get the DME harassment team off your case ASAP. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2018, 09:27 AM)PerChancetoDream Wrote:
(06-25-2018, 07:15 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: Solved the credit issue with various offices (labs, doctors, etc..) and just say I don't have one to give them. Either that or tell them the only card I have is one they don't take.

Homer

...and, another bill in the mail from them yesterday. Will start with a polite phone call,  and explain that "100% covered" means I don't owe them a damn penny.  Will try to be nice.  To start. Them the gloves will be coming off...because they have already been called for the $212 they tried to charge me.  I guess they are hoping I am stupid or clueless or a sheep.  Argh! Love my CPAP, and hate my DME.

How did this turn out? Did they finally take "no" for an answer?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2018, 06:38 PM)ewokempire Wrote:
(06-26-2018, 09:27 AM)PerChancetoDream Wrote:

Homer

How did this turn out? Did they finally take "no" for an answer?

Thanks for asking!

The funniest thing. When I called to ask about this, saying everything is 100% covered through them by my insurance, it all turned out to be a "courtesy bill" to let me know where my insurance was at in the process of reimbursing them, and the part that said, "$54 due in full now" was like a secret OSA DME handshake where they REALLY meant I owed nothing.  We both had a good laugh about that!  Oh-jeez

DME humor...so funny I didn't understand I was supposed to laugh.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 415 3 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 110 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 615 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 287 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 252 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.