Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] DME shenanigans and ? re wifi to SleepyHead
DME shenanigans and ? re wifi to SleepyHead
DME lady tried to give me a Resmed S9 today (which I am sure was a used machine), when I had been told I would be getting an AirSense 10 Autoset. I told her I’d come back to get the 10. She looked shocked, but pulled herself together, made an appointment for later, and when I went back, I got the 10. So glad I had been reading on here, and the Resmed site and finding out everything I could ahead of time. Yes, we need to keep close watch on the DMEs, right from the get-go, and you need to know exactly what is going on. If I hadn't previously asked the sleep center person which machine I would be getting, then I am sure I would never have been the wiser when she tried to give me a different one. I asked her to check the run time for me, as suggested on this site, so that I can be sure it is a new machine, and she said she didn’t know how. So I am going to try to figure out how to do that before I use it tonight.

The machine is wifi-enabled so that you can do the ResMed myAir thing, which I probably won't bother with. Does the wifi on the machine mean that the info that goes onto the SD card can also go to SleepHead on my computer via that wifi? Or do I still have to either use a wifi-enabled SD card or manually transfer the SD card to my computer whenever I want info for SleepyHead? I am going to download SleepyHead now, and dive in. Coming up for air later.
"Perseverance, secret of all triumphs."
Victor Hugo
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DME shenanigans and ? re wifi to SleepyHead
No, that wifi is actually cellular phone, not wifi. And it only talks to them. People here have used a wifi-enabled SD card -- or else you just take the card out when you want to SleepyHead the data.

Check out this thread, which I saved in case I ever decide to buy the wifi-enabled-SD card: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...of-SD-card
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Kris the Crone,
It's great to hear that you got the machine you really wanted, good that you persisted.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Kris the Crone,

Welcome to the board. Good job making sure you got what you wanted.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2016, 04:53 PM)BadGoodDeb Wrote: No, that wifi is actually cellular phone, not wifi. And it only talks to them. People here have used a wifi-enabled SD card -- or else you just take the card out when you want to SleepyHead the data.

Check out this thread, which I saved in case I ever decide to buy the wifi-enabled-SD card: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...of-SD-card

Thanks, Deb. I had read before about that being a cellular link, but thought maybe something had changed since the DME lady called it wifi! I got my wifi-enabled SD card today, so will try to get everything set up for tonight. Won't lose any sleep over it, though. I really want to do it because I'm having surgery and want everything to be as seamless as possible beforehand. Tomorrow is another day if I can't quite get it organized now.
Victor Hugo
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2016, 04:20 PM)Kris the Crone Wrote: The machine is wifi-enabled so that you can do the ResMed myAir thing, which I probably won't bother with.

No, it doesn't have wifi. It has a cell modem and they are not the same thing. It will by default send your daily results to Resmed over the cell network.

Quote:Does the wifi on the machine mean that the info that goes onto the SD card can also go to SleepHead on my computer via that wifi? Or do I still have to either use a wifi-enabled SD card or manually transfer the SD card to my computer whenever I want info for SleepyHead? I am going to download SleepyHead now, and dive in. Coming up for air later.

To get a wifi signal from the Airsense you have to put a wifi transciever into it, in the form of a wifi enabled SD card. Otherwise you have to take the card out every morning and put it in an SD slot in your computer to read the card for SleepyHead.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Talk about DME shenanigans. I was rather surprised my "trusted" DME started doing the same. My DME is pushing the Respironics DreamWear mask on me and knows very well that I am an "active sleeper". I tried it one night and it was a no go, they told me to try again, I said no. However, to be fair, in the past I have been dealing with the owner but as the DME has become larger, the owner only becomes involved if there are complicated issues.

And everyone is correct in this thread, the AS10 does not have wifi. You can disable the cellular connection by having the apparatus setting changed to AIRPLANE mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2016, 03:20 AM)Hmm888 Wrote: And everyone is correct in this thread, the AS10 does not have wifi. You can disable the cellular connection by having the apparatus setting changed to AIRPLANE mode.

And you can choose to permanently disable it after the warranty has expired - there are instructions on here for that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, all! I survived my first night, and just climbed out of the depths of my SleepyHead data, will post later about that, but more about my DME. When she was putting in my settings, I asked if I could watch her do it, and she said, no, it's a secret. I told her that I already knew how, and she was quite surprised. I printed out the clinician's guide today. Will tweak some of my settings, but won't change the setting from CPAP to AutoSet or my pressure setting until after I see my doctor for the follow-up, if it needs changing.

Sometime soon I'll figure out how to use the wifi-enable SD card that I got. For the next few days I'll just switch the card back and forth.
Victor Hugo
Post Reply Post Reply
I swear I know more than my DME right now, as a first-night user. I asked her about the EPR setting, and she said it was ON, and it was set at 3. You can't check this on the user menu, so I took her word for it. I felt some difficulty last night exhaling, and when I downloaded my data today it said that EPR was OFF. So I went into the clinicians settings, turned it on and set it at 2. Thanks to the gods for Apnea Board.
Victor Hugo
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone using a wifi dongle with Transcend 3? nathanoj 0 351 06-13-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: nathanoj
  DS2 wifi? KSMike 2 538 03-04-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: KSMike
  Resmed Airsense 11 autoset machine SD card and WIFI Tekno1 15 3,221 01-03-2023, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Tekno1
  WiFi Enabled SD Memory Card Nightynite 8 2,453 01-11-2022, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
  resmed airsense 10 wifi kerm007 34 16,035 03-17-2018, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Connect to DreamStation over Wifi? JRoque 8 7,645 08-25-2017, 10:03 PM
Last Post: robertbuckley
  Airsense 10 autoset wifi nino1971 10 8,326 08-11-2017, 11:19 AM
Last Post: sonicboom

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.