Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does this tube work with this machine?
Does this tube work with this machine?
My sleep doctor recently prescribed an AirSense 10 Autoset machine with a heated tube and mask.

Apparently they're coming in more than one shipment. I got a phone call today from the DME letting me know that the AirSense will be shipping tomorrow. Meanwhile, a little later today I received a package with a Respironic heated tube, and also a Respironic System One 60 Series water tank.

So .... does a Respironic heated tube work with a Resmed AirSense?

I'm more concerned about whether a System One water tank will fit in an AirSense. Really?

I'll call the DME tomorrow to discuss it, but thought I might check here as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does this tube work with this machine?
(01-15-2019, 02:25 AM)Dyssomniac Wrote: My sleep doctor recently prescribed an AirSense 10 Autoset machine with a heated tube and mask.

Apparently they're coming in more than one shipment. I got a phone call today from the DME letting me know that the AirSense will be shipping tomorrow. Meanwhile, a little later today I received a package with a Respironic heated tube, and also a Respironic System One 60 Series water tank.

So .... does a Respironic heated tube work with a Resmed AirSense?

I'm more concerned about whether a System One water tank will fit in an AirSense. Really?

I'll call the DME tomorrow to discuss it, but thought I might check here as well.

Call the DME, each manufacturer's parts are proprietary and are not interchangeable, with the exception of universally-sized hoses and masks with standard hose attachments. The AirSense water tank should arrive as part of the initial kit and be contained in the kit travel bag with the machine, hose, power block, cord, and instructions.

Check that there is a filter in place and that you have the SD card to capture your data for compliance and transfer to your tracking software such as #Sleepyhead or ResScan.

Usually, the only separate shipment is your chosen mask and that can be from any manufacturer.

Also, check that the machine is not used and that there are zero hours on the device. Download and read the clinician's manual showing how to enter clinician's mode and change the important settings. The instructions for obtaining the manual can be found on the menu line under CPAP Setup Manuals.

Best of luck with your new machine. May you have a good night's rest for a better tomorrow.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote: each manufacturer's parts are proprietary and are not interchangeable, with the exception of universally-sized hoses and masks with standard hose attachments.

Just to clarify: The non-heated hoses are interchangeable, but heated hoses are not.

There is no way a System-1 humidifier tank will fit an AirSense. Your DME has stuffed up.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2019, 04:23 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote:
Quote: each manufacturer's parts are proprietary and are not interchangeable, with the exception of universally-sized hoses and masks with standard hose attachments.

Just to clarify: The non-heated hoses are interchangeable, but heated hoses are not.

There is no way a System-1 humidifier tank will fit an AirSense. Your DME has stuffed up.

Thanks for the clarification.  Thanks
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
The above info is correct. ResMed and Respironics products are not interchangeable except NON-heated hoses and masks. Your DME will need to send the correct and fully matching CPAP machine and humidifier tub.

Coffee to ya while giving the DME a swift kick to the tail...
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My wife once got a Respironics heated hose, and of course it's the wrong one for her Resmed Autoset. I called the DME, and they immediately sent out a new one and said "the guy who pulls parts must have made a mistake". It think it is pretty common, and the sooner you call them, the faster they can correct the mistake.

When Resmed packs a new Airsense 10, they include a hose option and humidifier chamber, so the DME should not have been able to make this mistake. The tube type is part of the model number sold and the price varies according to whether the tube is standard, slimline or Climateline. Since you are not getting a machine packed by the factory, I strongly recommend that when the machine arrives, you check the run-hours to see if this machine is new or not.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suggest you double check if you are actually going to receive an AirSense 10 as the doctor perscribed, or will you be getting a Respironics machine.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with OpalRose. The Philips machines are assembled a-la-carte, with separate flow generator, humidifier, tubing and mask. They may be shipping a Philips! If so, decline it as not consistent with the prescription. They will argue that it is equivalent. You need to insist that they provide the equipment prescribed as written.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 6 76 10 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 105 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 220 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 471 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 950 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 623 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Q-tube View 0 194 02-04-2024, 01:35 PM
Last Post: View

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.