Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Data card
Data card
Hi, going on 13 days with my REMstar Pro C-Flex+ and feeling great. Just here to ask...i'm the kind of person that if i'm not using something electronic...I unplug it. I've unplugged from the wall every morning. Not being a computer type person in any way , I was wondering if I lost the info for the card in the back. I'm supposed to send it in after 45 days to prove to my health care provider that i'm using the equipment. If anyone can help..THANKS!
Tom Huhsign
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Data card
Just a thought? While I do not have an answer to your question, another possible point to consider - many machines continue to run (cool down cycle, etc) after you turn them off. If so, unplugging your machine may cause issues down the road, and these aren't exactly cheap.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
As for the SD card, unplugging the machine will not erase the card. They are designed to hold the data without power applied.

Also, the manual doesn't have any warnings about it needing to be continuously powered, and since the manual states that's it's compatible with travel you'd assume that they expect it to be unpowered on a regular basis.
Post Reply Post Reply
+1

(I do not unplug mine but it seems fairly harmless.)

Just make sure you give it time to finish writing to the disk (i.e., don't initially turn it off that way) and to cool down if your machine requires that.

With computers, we have left most of ours running for YEARS (except for unavoidable blackouts and most of them have UPS devices).

Thermal shock when they heat up is more likely to damage the components than just leaving them running IF they are properly ventilated.

(How often do you see a lightbulb die while on? It happens but not nearly as often as when you TURN IT ON and it dies immediately.)

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2014, 10:54 AM)Ripandsnort Wrote: Hi, going on 13 days with my REMstar Pro C-Flex+ and feeling great. Just here to ask...i'm the kind of person that if i'm not using something electronic...I unplug it. I've unplugged from the wall every morning. Not being a computer type person in any way , I was wondering if I lost the info for the card in the back. I'm supposed to send it in after 45 days to prove to my health care provider that i'm using the equipment. If anyone can help..THANKS!
Tom Huhsign
Hi Ripandsnort, welcome aboard
No problem, you can unplug the machine, the data is always there on the card so they can verify your compliance and you can download the data on your computer as well. Here is the links for SleepyHead and EncoreBasic software, both supports your machine
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links

Post Reply Post Reply
Don't unplug it until it's been off a few minutes. If you have a ResMed machine, you should not unplug it because it does a cool down cycle.

There's really not a good reason to unplug it. You're more likely to damage the machine by fiddling with the cord than you are to damage it by leaving it on. Also, every time you remove power and put it back on, it causes additional stress on the electronics. You might actually reduce the average lifetime of your machine by doing this.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2014, 03:26 AM)archangle Wrote: If you have a ResMed machine, you should not unplug it because it does a cool down cycle.
OP uses PRS1 machine
From H5i welcome guide http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/document...er_eng.pdf
In order to assist the heater plate in cooling, your S9 device will continue to blow air for up to an hour after treatment has stopped.
However, you can unplug the device from the power outlet at any time and allow the heater plate to cool without air flow.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2014, 04:49 AM)zonk Wrote: From H5i welcome guide http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/document...er_eng.pdf
In order to assist the heater plate in cooling, your S9 device will continue to blow air for up to an hour after treatment has stopped.
However, you can unplug the device from the power outlet at any time and allow the heater plate to cool without air flow.

The idea of cool down always sounded a little hokey to me. If the plate doesn't overheat while it's being used, it shouldn't overheat once you shut the power to the plate off and turn off the blower. I wonder if the real reason isn't something to do with keeping warm moist air from the water tank from seeping back into the machine.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 346 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  AirSense 11 not reporting data correctly to SD card WHB74 4 504 10-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Recording Data To SD Card TheEngineer 4 671 09-14-2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  No SD Card anyway to get last night's data jerrykur 2 467 08-01-2023, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jerrykur
  My DME cant import my emailed SD card data, can I export all days to a pdf? ImAlwaysTiredd 7 725 12-28-2022, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 922 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.