Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Data on SD card
Data on SD card
Hello
I have noticed that the data in my SC card is always 1 day behind meaning I can see all the dates except the last night.
I am using the Respironics PR System One REMstar Pro with C-Flex+
Is this normal does it need time to transfer the last nights data the the SD card?

Thanks
Dan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Data on SD card
(09-07-2012, 01:53 PM)dcgrafix Wrote: Hello
I have noticed that the data in my SC card is always 1 day behind....

I have noticed that the display on the machine seems to roll over at 00:00UTC which is mid morning for me here in Eastern Australia.

The data on the data card however is up to date and if I look at it first thing in the morning I definitely get the data from the night just slept.

I am using SleepyHead to read the card.

HTH

David
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-08-2012, 02:14 AM)Moriarty Wrote:
(09-07-2012, 01:53 PM)dcgrafix Wrote: Hello
I have noticed that the data in my SC card is always 1 day behind....

I have noticed that the display on the machine seems to roll over at 00:00UTC which is mid morning for me here in Eastern Australia.

The data on the data card however is up to date and if I look at it first thing in the morning I definitely get the data from the night just slept.

I am using SleepyHead to read the card.

HTH

David

OK
Thanks Moriarty
I will check it again.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2012, 01:53 PM)dcgrafix Wrote: I have noticed that the data in my SC card is always 1 day behind

If I were to get my card right now, on the morning of 8 Sep 2012, the most recent data it will show is for 7 Sep 2012. This is the data the machine collected as I slept last night. The night of 7 Sep 2012.

There's no waiting for data to be stored. As soon as the data for a session is collected it's transferred to the card.

If I were to take a nap right now, and then pull the card out, it would show the data for the nap I just took.

I think the roll over time for the date is local noon, but I haven't really checked that out so I can't be sure. I use SleepyHead software, so it may depend on the software you use and the local time zone you've entered into SleepyHead. In other words, if I take a nap from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm this afternoon on 8 Sep 2012, I think that will be reported by SleepyHead as data collected on 8 Sep 2012.

The thing you don't want to do is remove the card while the machine is running. The other thing you don't want to do is sleep with the card removed. If you do that, the next time you insert the card data will get transferred, but you won't get all the data. Some of the details will be missing. At least that's the way it works with SleepyHead.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-08-2012, 11:31 AM)Sleepster Wrote:
(09-07-2012, 01:53 PM)dcgrafix Wrote: I have noticed that the data in my SC card is always 1 day behind

If I were to get my card right now, on the morning of 8 Sep 2012, the most recent data it will show is for 7 Sep 2012. This is the data the machine collected as I slept last night. The night of 7 Sep 2012.

There's no waiting for data to be stored. As soon as the data for a session is collected it's transferred to the card.

If I were to take a nap right now, and then pull the card out, it would show the data for the nap I just took.

I think the roll over time for the date is local noon, but I haven't really checked that out so I can't be sure. I use SleepyHead software, so it may depend on the software you use and the local time zone you've entered into SleepyHead. In other words, if I take a nap from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm this afternoon on 8 Sep 2012, I think that will be reported by SleepyHead as data collected on 8 Sep 2012.

The thing you don't want to do is remove the card while the machine is running. The other thing you don't want to do is sleep with the card removed. If you do that, the next time you insert the card data will get transferred, but you won't get all the data. Some of the details will be missing. At least that's the way it works with SleepyHead.

Thanks Sleepster
That makes sense I will do a test it by taking a nap right

So I should unplug the Remstar before removing the SD card?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-08-2012, 11:40 AM)dcgrafix Wrote: So I should unplug the Remstar before removing the SD card?

Nope. Just turn it off.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAP day start from noon (12.00) to the following day just before noon (11.59) and change to a new day at noon (12.00)
So whenever you sleep within the 24 hour cycle (CPAP day) it,ll be shown on the machine and on the card as one day.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-08-2012, 02:34 PM)zonk Wrote: CPAP day start from noon (12.00) to the following day just before noon (11.59) and change to a new day at noon (12.00)
So whenever you sleep within the 24 hour cycle (CPAP day) it,ll be shown on the machine and on the card as one day.

OK Thanks zonk
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-08-2012, 02:25 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(09-08-2012, 11:40 AM)dcgrafix Wrote: So I should unplug the Remstar before removing the SD card?

Nope. Just turn it off.

Wait at least a little while for it to finish writing the data out to the card after you turn it off. I'm not quite sure how long, but I've pulled mine out in less than a minute and it seems to have finished.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2012, 03:20 AM)archangle Wrote:
(09-08-2012, 02:25 PM)Sleepster Wrote:

Nope. Just turn it off.

Wait at least a little while for it to finish writing the data out to the card after you turn it off. I'm not quite sure how long, but I've pulled mine out in less than a minute and it seems to have finished.

OK Thanks I will do that
now

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 346 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  AirSense 11 not reporting data correctly to SD card WHB74 4 505 10-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Recording Data To SD Card TheEngineer 4 672 09-14-2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  No SD Card anyway to get last night's data jerrykur 2 467 08-01-2023, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jerrykur
  My DME cant import my emailed SD card data, can I export all days to a pdf? ImAlwaysTiredd 7 725 12-28-2022, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 922 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.