Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Date setting
Date setting
Fellow members my Resmed S10 allways challenges the date I set it do even though it is correct. Any thoughts ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Date setting
If you are going backward in time, these machines balk at being set back to a date/time that is before data that's on the machine.
Usually the annual rollback from DST to standard time is not an issue as long as it's done in the afternoon.
Resmed's new day (as far as data aggregation is concerned,) begins and ends at noon. (The date still rolls over at midnight)

Where people have difficulty is when they buy a machine from, say the US, for use in a time zone that's some hours behind the US.
Or, for world traveler's who insist on setting the clock to local time.

The key seems to be, to roll back the time in the afternoon, a few hours per day, until the time is correct.

It's a little trickier across the international dateline. Changing the date back 1 day is also a problem.
Any setback to the time/date to time/date for which the machine holds data is seen as an error.
I think people handle that by the same method as for time; but set the clock to just before midnight and roll the date back 1 day.

The quick fix is to erase all data on the machine; then set the date/time. Everything on the ResMed can be cleared/reset except total run hours.

I know I explained that in a round-about way -- hope you get the idea.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2015, 05:08 AM)lewisag Wrote: Fellow members my Resmed S10 allways challenges the date I set it do even though it is correct. Any thoughts ?

Why do you need to change the date frequently?

Generally, timezone/DST changes are handled by your computer.

Post Reply Post Reply
Last time I set a date I ended up married..........
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 155 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,186 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 856 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  AirTouch F20 mask date code? Labromaniac 4 425 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 229 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 426 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 386 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.