Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Days usage count
Days usage count
When in the "report" display on my Resmed Airsense 10 Auto, it indicates the number of days used and the number of days with 4+ hours of usage. I am expect that is for compliance purposes.

The machine incremented daily until it reached 30. When it went beyond 30 days, the indication remained at 30. The first indication is 30/30 days of usage. The second indication displays days of usage 4+ also stopped at 30/30.

Does that mean if I am unable to use the machine for a day or two that the indication would drop to less than 30? If so, would I be out of compliance?

Thanks, Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Days usage count
The machine keeps a much longer history than the last 30 days. You can change the "Period" from 1 month to 3 months, 6 months, or 1 year if it bothers you. Just scroll down to "Period", push the round button, and change it. My 4+ says 152/153. I had a power supply brick overheat on me, shut down after two hours, and missed a night of sleep with this machine.

For insurance purposes, missing a couple of days here and there isn't a problem. It's when you dip under 70% where it's an issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Geoff,

I was more curious than bothered. The sleep study center seems to monitor my usage closely. They have collected data dumps over the cell system and made changes twice. When I talked with them last week, the technician said she was going to collect data again and provide it to my doctor in a couple of weeks. The data is retained on the SD card and probably internally.

I will change the setting you mentioned just for my peace of mind.

Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
I did change the "Period" of monitoring. A setting I didn't know could be changed. Based on the period, the day/day display and the rolling index averages are changed. All of the data is displayed up to a maximum of one year. Using a short period of one day or one week gives more resolution to the data. Good but it is much better to use SleepyHead or other software if possible.

Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed Air 10 can't count CaptainEven 6 277 03-02-2024, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 888 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 621 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 420 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 339 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Extreme Anxiety during day after CPAP usage...something physiological? gohoos1998 9 710 12-29-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Leedsunited92
  [CPAP] Need some help if possible - sudden change in response from 4hrs to 1.5hrs usage OverflowingJoyEntity 6 485 11-28-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: OverflowingJoyEntity

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.