Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] DeVilbiss Intellipap Auto-Adjust to DeVilbiss Intellipap 2
DeVilbiss Intellipap Auto-Adjust to DeVilbiss Intellipap 2
I have used the DeVilbiss Intellipap auto-adjust for years (41,000 hrs) & it works great.  Wishing to get a slightly smaller/newer version for travel &/or backup unit, I recently purchased a new DeVilbiss Intellipap 2 Auto-adjust.  I used the same old prescription for both units.  
The Intellipap 2 is driving me crazy!  I felt like I was suffocating when I used it the first time, just not getting enough air.  I am using the same kind of Res-Med mask I’m used to.
I think the narrower hose may be part of the issue so I’m going to change that tonight.
I’ve gotten into the clinical menu & raised the pressure settings which were 4 to 14 up to 6.5 to 17.5.  I have COPD as well as severe sleep apnea, so I am also trying to adjust exhalation resistance down & lowered the ramp time.  It was better that way, but still had to give up after a couple of hours due to a headache & the suction like feeling the mask gave me when exhaling.  
I’m trying to figure out how to extract Rx code from my old Intellipap to program into the Intellipap 2...
Any suggestions as to where I am going wrong??
Thanks, vetgrl
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DeVilbiss Intellipap Auto-Adjust to DeVilbiss Intellipap 2
This is what I would do.
smart flex to 3, to make it easier to exhale.
inhale rounding 0, I think that's the quickest inhale
exhale rounding, you want the earliest here, to give time to exhale. That may be 0 or 5, you would need the manual.
Depending how bad the COPD is, bilevel may be your next machine.

I'd have max pressure 20
min pressure should be ok at 6.5 for now, it will be adjusted once the data is looked at on SmartCode, we don't know if the script is still right.
http://www.devilbisshealthcare.com/produ.../smartcode
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DeVilbiss Intellipap Auto-Adjust to DeVilbiss Intellipap 2
(06-23-2019, 03:53 PM)vetgrl Wrote: I’m trying to figure out how to extract Rx code from my old Intellipap to program into the Intellipap 2...

Press the ramp, down and on/off buttons together to enter the Intellipap clinical menu and get the prescription coded there. It may be different than the one you have on paper, which would explain why your experience with the new Intellipap 2 set with the paper prescription is so different.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please help me adjust settings from OSCAR to CPAP deirdrepen 2 290 01-14-2024, 11:18 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Using Vcom : do i adjust my EPR? theredheadsaid 65 7,069 09-09-2023, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [Equipment] Adjust time on Airsense 11 Liveoak86 2 601 08-19-2023, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Liveoak86
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 2,999 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger
Sad Please review my data and help me adjust my settings DC2Shogun 61 4,378 08-13-2023, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.