Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Differences in model numbers
Differences in model numbers
Good Day,

First time poster, just discovered this site. Thanks for the fine work.

I was hoping I might get some help with the Respironics PR System One model number scheme. All I can find is reference it model DS5660s. I have a DS560p. From what I can there is only model and that is the 'S'. Does anyone know what the 'P' model is?

Thanks in advanced!

Joe
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Differences in model numbers
(03-09-2015, 09:28 AM)Jchryst Wrote: I was hoping I might get some help with the Respironics PR System One model number scheme. All I can find is reference it model DS5660s. I have a DS560p. From what I can there is only model and that is the 'S'. Does anyone know what the 'P' model is?

I think it's pretty much unimportant. It may be something to do with country or whether it was shipped with a humidifier, or some such. The 560 is the only important part. Even then, they sometimes have a 561.

BTW, I suspect where you wrote "DS5660s", you meant DS560s, i.e. one too many 6's.

I've seen some references to what the various codes mean, but I don't have it handy.

I do know that sometimes, one number refers to the actual blower unit, and the other number is the stock number for the box with manuals, water chamber, etc.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry! That's what happens when CPAP therapy is ineffective - can't even concentrate on proof reading. Thanks for catching my error.

The model numbers are DS560s and DS560p

I called PR and they said there was only one model and the DS560s was their top of the line.

Thanks for the reply.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-09-2015, 09:28 AM)Jchryst Wrote: Good Day,

First time poster, just discovered this site. Thanks for the fine work.

I was hoping I might get some help with the Respironics PR System One model number scheme. All I can find is reference it model DS5660s. I have a DS560p. From what I can there is only model and that is the 'S'. Does anyone know what the 'P' model is?

Thanks in advanced!

Joe

Jchryst,
My machine says 560P also, then underneath says 560DS6H. I was told mine was top of the line also. Dont-know
OpalRose
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-09-2015, 10:43 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Jchryst,
My machine says 560P also, then underneath says 560DS6H. I was told mine was top of the line also. Dont-know
OpalRose

OpalRose,

I wonder if your "560DS6H" is the humidifier? I have the humidifier with hose heater port (no heated hose). My model number is "DS6TFLG".

-Joe
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-09-2015, 10:52 AM)Jchryst Wrote:
(03-09-2015, 10:43 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Jchryst,
OpalRose

OpalRose,

I wonder if your "560DS6H" is the humidifier? I have the humidifier with hose heater port (no heated hose). My model number is "DS6TFLG".

-Joe

Hi Joe,
It seems logical that the H is for the humidifier, but not sure what the P stands for.
I don't know what the PR rep was talking about when he told you that the S was the top of the line, but you and I have the same machine and I believe it is their top
Auto AFEX machine.
OpalRose
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jchryst,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 118 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 353 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  what model is this? airwaystent 8 382 02-05-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Psychotech
  Frustrating insomnia continues despite numbers alienfrontier 10 607 01-27-2024, 02:04 PM
Last Post: alienfrontier
  Central Sleep Apnea AHI numbers too high chathamite 12 1,021 11-19-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed AirSense 10 Respond Model and OSCAR upsman 6 2,096 10-06-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Numbers are better but I feel worse LikeaGlove90 2 512 09-24-2023, 12:10 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.