Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Disconcerting pressure pulses between breaths on Dreamstation Pro
RE: Disconcerting pressure pulses between breaths on Dreamstation Pro
Hydrangea,
Im sure your machine will serve you well with a low pressure of 5. Just wanted to clarify that it is not a brick.

The one reason I always advise new folk to try for an Apap is that you will have this machine for 5 years or more and alot of times our needs change.

If you need a higher pressure during the night, the Apap can handle it and yet keep you at a lower pressure the rest of the time. Plus an Apap can be set to Cpap mode.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #2 is currently selling a "gently used" M Series DS400 REMstar Pro w/ CFLEX CPAP Machine for $175. They ship internationally. If you want to go back to your old machine, with low-hours, here is a good one.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2017, 08:52 AM)OpalRose Wrote: As far as pressure pulses go, I think most newer machines do this. Can't find much information on this.
That's precisely why I want the most basic machine available (just like my old REMstar M series). I don't want it to generate pressure pulses to distinguish between OA and CA events. I don't want it to continually adjust the pressure, and I don't even care whether it records AHI.. Previously, when using the old M series, I had a finger oximeter recording done every 6 months to verify that my fixed-pressure therapy was working for me. And it did work: my results have been excellent for years.

Then suddenly they decide to dispense with finger oximetry and change my machine to the Dreamstation, which I find almost unusable because of the "new" way of monitoring performance (i.e with pressure pulses). I appreciate that this approach provides more comprehensive data, but (for me at least) it comes at the expense of greatly diminished comfort and usability.

Call me a luddite if you want, but advances in technology aren't always improvements. This particular change is better for the doctors, administrators and accountants (more data per dollar), but it's a backward step for me.

Sorry if I come across a bit grumpy. I really appreciate everyone's comments. It takes me 2 or 3 hours to get to sleep at night with this machine, and it's all beginning to get to me now.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2017, 01:51 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Supplier #2 is currently selling a "gently used" M Series DS400 REMstar Pro w/ CFLEX CPAP Machine for $175. They ship internationally. If you want to go back to your old machine, with low-hours, here is a good one.
Ah, thanks for pointing it out Sleeprider. I'll certainly take a look.
Regards,
John.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with self-titrating BiPAP for UARS - low % of spontaneously triggered breaths? Bibbbooker 21 834 01-29-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,241 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,435 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 902 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Intermittent large breaths jwest 0 286 08-20-2023, 02:02 AM
Last Post: jwest
Question [Diagnosis] What are these deep breaths and holds? phr00t 8 1,324 07-28-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: Xeros
  Are my breaths normal? Long pauses, jagged lines. Nathan Graves 5 973 07-23-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: car54

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.