Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airfit 10 Nasal Mask??
RE: Airfit 10 Nasal Mask??
Glad you have one that works for you!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2015, 12:04 PM)truetopath Wrote: I alternate between the wisp and the eson. I like them both!

I totally agree with you Truetopath! So far in my limited masks testing experience (Wisp, Eson, N10, P10) those 2 are keepers. I have an F10 on standby in case allergy season affects me and I have to use the full face mask.

I want to try the Aloha and maybe the Optilife with nasal cradle next. Not sure when I will try those since I want a break from the testing and just keep getting good results.

Have a nice weekend everyone!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2015, 08:06 PM)HoseMan Wrote: Well,I'm done..lol.Last night was a mess.Didn't sleep good& early this morning woke up&had pull'd the magnetic end's loose.I had enough.Pull'd it off&went back to the old.I do think the standard fit Airfit mask is a little smaller than the mirage.I'm just going back to what work's&has work'd for year's.Thank's for all the info.Supplier told me to just keep it&they were sending me another Mirage FX..

When the P10 first came out I threw it away because the standard medium cushions were rubbing my nostrils raw.

HOWEVER, I decided to try it again a couple of months back and used the LARGE pillows and they sealed much better and did not wear out my nose. So I am a believer.

Is it possible for you to try the large pillows?
Post Reply Post Reply
Just finished my first night with CPAP and the AirFit N10. I had 5.5 hours on CPAP, events from 67 to 3.5 and ZERO leaks. I think that's good but don't really have a reference point. Important to note though, is that I had zero leaks and I'm a stomach sleeper and roll left to right frequently.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using the AirFit P10 for close to a year, and it is by far the best mask I've used. I love that there isn't an exhale 'port' as much as a wide screened area that diffuses the force of the exhaled air. This makes the mask much quieter for me (and my spouse), and there is never a jet of air blowing on my arm as sometimes happened with other masks. Also, as someone with facial hair, I am no longer concerned about getting a good seal around my beard/mustache. If anything, my mustache serves as a nice cushion to keep the nasal pillows off my upper lip. The mask itself is smaller and feels less intrusive on my face than other larger masks. Lastly, the headgear is smaller and simpler and so much easier to adjust; just spread the two parts of the band further apart (or vice-versa). As others have noted, it is important to try each of the pillow sizes to get the right fit, and then you're good to go.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2015, 09:51 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: While there has been a lot of positive comment about the Airfit P10 pillows, the Airfit N10 has not gotten the same acclaim. Why not the P10?

Apparently, folks think the N10 nasal mask is too nosey.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2015, 08:44 PM)Mr. Van Winkle Wrote:
(03-19-2015, 08:06 PM)HoseMan Wrote: Well,I'm done..lol.Last night was a mess.Didn't sleep good& early this morning woke up&had pull'd the magnetic end's loose.I had enough.Pull'd it off&went back to the old.I do think the standard fit Airfit mask is a little smaller than the mirage.I'm just going back to what work's&has work'd for year's.Thank's for all the info.Supplier told me to just keep it&they were sending me another Mirage FX..

HoseMan , If you still want a good nasal mask , try the F&P Eson that's the mask I went to from the N10 and for me it was night and day difference , just another option instead of the Mirage , I don't have any experience with the Mirage I stop looking when I found the Eson.
Good Luck!

(03-20-2015, 12:04 PM)truetopath Wrote: I alternate between the wisp and the eson. I like them both!

(03-23-2015, 07:31 PM)retired_guy Wrote:
(03-15-2015, 09:51 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: While there has been a lot of positive comment about the Airfit P10 pillows, the Airfit N10 has not gotten the same acclaim. Why not the P10?

The Nasal Mask is louder"Nasal Mask"not the pillow's.Don't know anything about the pillow's.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2015, 07:31 PM)retired_guy Wrote:

Noisy?

I'm liking that with the P10 it is quiet enough to get close with my wife. Now, my interest has very little to do with CPAP, but it works for me. It's not cool to blow air all over your woman...at least if you'd like to do something besides sleep. Not all arousals are from apnea. Thinking-about
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 44 2,957 9 hours ago
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 97 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 315 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,963 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,075 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,222 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.