Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Do I need water chamber part of CPAP machine
Question 
Do I need water chamber part of CPAP machine
My machine has two parts. The right hand part contains the water chamber. Why do I need that? I have tried it without the right hand part, and it seems to be no different with or without it.
What are the advantages or disadvantages of using the water chamber part?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do I need water chamber part of CPAP machine
Hi cclanders
Using CPAP can sometimes lead to dry throat and nasal congestion because the airflow from the machine is far more than what the body is used to. Adding a humidifier can increase amount of moisture in the air and this may help counteract these symptoms and make the whole thing more comfortable. Having said that, not everyone uses humidifier, everyone is different
You can also, detach the humidifier and connect the hose directly into the machine
I think, there is a side cover panel when the machine is used without the humidifier

Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings,

Yes, the humidifier (water chamber) can be completely disconnected from the left side, which is the guts/brains of the APAP. Just make sure it is thoroughly dry prior to storing it.

My hubby has the same model and does use the humidifier, but he has nasal congestion unless he uses the humidifier.

You might find that seasons and weather will affect the humidity of your surroundings enough to occasionally want/need the humidifier.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi cclanders,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You don’t have to use the humidifier if you don’t want to, it’s a comfort feature.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,012 7 hours ago
Last Post: Poolboy
  CSpring Water Tank PAPAstro 8 2,074 04-12-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: dean406
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 145 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 216 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Using CPAP machine to perform Sleep test ivan007 3 146 04-02-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 33 10,368 03-29-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 180 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.