Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Doc won't prescribe the CPAP I want
RE: Doc won't prescribe the CPAP I want
(10-07-2015, 09:07 AM)CHanlon Wrote: You are not nuts. I had a similar argument with my sleep doc... and in my case the data showed that after a several week trial of an autoset, my pressures ranged from 14 to 19, my 95th percentile pressure was 19, and the titration study came up with a result of 14.

I insisted on an APAP prescription, and paid out of pocket for the machine that *I* wanted. Up here in Canadia, that means I paid close to $2000 for the machine, mask, etc. I haven't regretted it for one second.

You give me inspiration to see this through and get what I want. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Which machine and model, have you bought?

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2015, 10:13 AM)Shastzi Wrote: I'm with Chanlon.
Amazing to me that a lot of dr's still dont get it.
Sleep is *dynamic*, always changing.
That is where the autoset shines.
Later on in therapy some folks decide that a straight pressure works fine for them but
when you are just starting out, there is NO WAY you can know this.

Stick to your guns and MAKE them WORK for YOU!

Best of luck!

Smile

Thanks Shastzi! I tend to be a bit of a weenie, but after that pep talk, I can't NOT see this through! Onward....!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-09-2015, 03:35 PM)zonk Wrote: Which machine and model, have you bought?

Still working on it. In my on-line Shopping Cart I've queued up the AutoSet with ClimateLine tubing, same as you! Waiting for my doc to send in the prescription to the supplier.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried to reply to everyone, because all your help and encouragement is really appreciated, but I'm still coming to terms with how to do replies on this site. It seems my replies are all over the place, some quoted, some not, some here, some there. I think I'll blame my untreated apnea and sleep-deprived fog for my fumbling on-line style. Yeah, that's it. Bug-eyed
Post Reply Post Reply
don't rule out the Phillips Respironics... They have been on firesale with the announcement of the dreamstation. If you go the PR route, "PR System One REMstar AUTO 560 Auto-CPAP Machine Package with A-Flex" and add the heated tubing option (needed to have a power supply that will support the heated tubing)
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah, good to know. I will check that out. TYVM
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-09-2015, 03:45 PM)grumbledore Wrote:
(10-09-2015, 03:35 PM)zonk Wrote: Which machine and model, have you bought?

Still working on it. In my on-line Shopping Cart I've queued up the AutoSet with ClimateLine tubing, same as you! Waiting for my doc to send in the prescription to the supplier.
ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet awesome machine, I like it, hope you like it too
AirSesnse 10 AutoSet for Her, same price and does everything the regular Autoset does but have an extra mode ... AutoSet for Her
The 'for Her' mode designed for women but nevertheless might be useful for guys too, might as well get the extra with no additional costs as long as you don't mind the floral print on white Smile

AirSense 10 setup and how 'to get the clinical manual' (tells you all what you need to know)
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsens...setup-info

Now machine sorted out, how about the mask, that is the most essential part of the therapy
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-09-2015, 03:18 PM)grumbledore Wrote: when I asked her if she was prescribing was the Airsense 10 Elite, she said, "No, you're confused, the Elite is a Respironics model."
She is the one who is confused, she'll have to go back to school or come here for a refresher course
School charges fees, here is free, maybe a cup of Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-09-2015, 02:53 PM)grumbledore Wrote: The receptionist took the msg., then tells me that I can, after all, pick up a copy of my sleep study report, but it would cost me $20 to cover copying costs "per state regulations".

It would pretty much mean you are going to have to find a new doctor, but were I told that, I would call the doctor's office back, ask again, if you get the $20 fee for copying per state regulations, I would ask for the telephone number to the state physicians board from them and verify the state requires them to charge the fee.

I am guessing that running a few pages off the copier is a lot less trouble than answering a Board complaint.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need to convince my Dr to prescribe an Auto BiPAP MADAwake 13 1,657 12-15-2020, 02:04 PM
Last Post: MADAwake
  Friend: "Doc refused to prescribe sleep study.." OneSnorer 29 3,983 12-24-2018, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  [Equipment] How do Drs decide which machine model to prescribe Sparkle 5 2,777 01-15-2015, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Mr. Van Winkle

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.