Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Doc won't prescribe the CPAP I want
RE: Doc won't prescribe the CPAP I want
Here, they are allowed to ask for a "reasonable" fee to copy your records for you, but usually do not. (Only when I managed to p*** em off...) They are not *required* to charge it, and only demand it when being buttheads. YMMV.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-09-2015, 03:45 PM)grumbledore Wrote: Still working on it. In my on-line Shopping Cart I've queued up the AutoSet with ClimateLine tubing, same as you! Waiting for my doc to send in the prescription to the supplier.

Congrats grumbledore on getting the machine you wanted! Your perseverance is paying off!!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-09-2015, 04:15 PM)zonk Wrote:
(10-09-2015, 03:45 PM)grumbledore Wrote:
(10-09-2015, 03:35 PM)zonk Wrote: Which machine and model, have you bought?

Still working on it. In my on-line Shopping Cart I've queued up the AutoSet with ClimateLine tubing, same as you! Waiting for my doc to send in the prescription to the supplier.
ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet awesome machine, I like it, hope you like it too
AirSesnse 10 AutoSet for Her, same price and does everything the regular Autoset does but have an extra mode ... AutoSet for Her
The 'for Her' mode designed for women but nevertheless might be useful for guys too, might as well get the extra with no additional costs as long as you don't mind the floral print on white Smile

AirSense 10 setup and how 'to get the clinical manual' (tells you all what you need to know)
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsens...setup-info

Now machine sorted out, how about the mask, that is the most essential part of the therapy

I'm thinking of the ResMed AirFit P10 nasal pillow. I used a nasal pillow during my sleep test and, surprisingly, it was the only thing that didn't annoy me.
Say, in case I end up with a different brand of cpap (I'm looking into DariaVader's tip re: PR), can masks from one manufacturer be used on a cpap from a different mfg? Is there a post that covers this issue?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2015, 05:48 AM)cate1898 Wrote:
(10-09-2015, 03:45 PM)grumbledore Wrote: Still working on it. In my on-line Shopping Cart I've queued up the AutoSet with ClimateLine tubing, same as you! Waiting for my doc to send in the prescription to the supplier.

Congrats grumbledore on getting the machine you wanted! Your perseverance is paying off!!

Ha!, thanks, but I'm not there yet - still waiting for my prescription to be sent to the supplier. *sigh*
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-09-2015, 11:53 PM)DariaVader Wrote: Here, they are allowed to ask for a "reasonable" fee to copy your records for you, but usually do not. (Only when I managed to p*** em off...) They are not *required* to charge it, and only demand it when being buttheads. YMMV.

Yes, it seems that I am earning my Butthead merit badge with this Dr. I already have one from my wife's radiation oncologist for daring to be an advocate during her breast cancer treatment. Big Grin That was a few years back, so I need to get re-certified. LOL What you said is good to know though, thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
UPDATE: Did it My Way
Last night was my first night of therapy! ...even though my doc never did send my CPAP prescription to my preferred supplier (#1) after three requests. And I never did get a copy of my prescription or sleep study report; the obstructionism of the doc's front office just wore me down. My wife did some networking, found some alternative docs, I called around, but learned I would probably have to do another sleep test and wait the usual lengthy time between appointments. Sooooo....
Thursday (4 days ago), I looked on Craig's List, found a supplier, spoke with her on the phone, paid $750 through PayPal, and yesterday received a brand new, factory packaged, ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset, slimline tubing, and AirFit P10 nasal pillow mask. Dancing All with no prescription and, alas, no insurance, but it was worth it.
Thanks to the excellent information available on the ApneaBoard site I was able to set the machine to what the doc recommended (back when we were still talking). I have SleepyHeap up and running - what a brilliant program that is!
Thank you all who posted. The Journey begins...
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2015, 12:30 PM)grumbledore Wrote: The Journey begins...
Thanks
This is the first step along the journey, thousand more steps to go
Good luck

Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations on your success!

I would still stop in to the old doc's office and demand my free copy of my prescription and my sleep report in full detail with all pages. I would be sure to bring my stadium voice, so anyone in or near the building would be aware of my request and my dissatisfaction with the doc and his staff.
I would also request a form to file a complaint with the state medical board. (I know the doc won't have one)
I would want to ensure my recertification as butt head.
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess it's now safe to extend my congrats to you grumbledore!!!

Thumbs-up-2 Banana

APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Tell the doc you dont want chapter and verse, just your diagnosis and prescription.
I got everything including the study itself for nothing, but some docs buck on that when the will just print out the prescription.
Id have personally paid the 20 bucks to be abe to get insurance to cover.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need to convince my Dr to prescribe an Auto BiPAP MADAwake 13 1,654 12-15-2020, 02:04 PM
Last Post: MADAwake
  Friend: "Doc refused to prescribe sleep study.." OneSnorer 29 3,980 12-24-2018, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  [Equipment] How do Drs decide which machine model to prescribe Sparkle 5 2,768 01-15-2015, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Mr. Van Winkle

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.