Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Doctor wants me to get a new cpap machine
Doctor wants me to get a new cpap machine
The last time I saw my Dr. he suggested that I get a new machine. My doctor doesn't care one way or the other which machine I use, as long as I use it. It's actually his staff that want me to get a new machine, because they have to walk to the DME next door to get my old card read.

<Link to Supplier #1 removed> has the S9 Autoset for her is on sale for $499. I've been reading reviews, but am unable to determine if the Airsense 10 Autoset at $883 is worth almost $400 more that the S9 Autoset. Part of the problem is that I'm perfectly happy with my apparently ancient M-series.

Does anyone have any feedback regarding the A10 vs the S9? Is the A10 worth $400 more?

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Doctor wants me to get a new cpap machine
The S9 Autoset and the Airsense 10 Autoset have the same algorithm UNLESS you get the Airsense 10 for Her, which has an additional algorithm available (so 3 - cpap, autocpap and autocpapforher). However, realize that the algorithm for your Respironics machine is going to be different from the Resmed. If you are perfectly happy with what you have now, I would suggest looking for a 60 series autocpap instead. Why? I got an Airsense and had to send it back right away for a replacement. They gave me a Respironics as a loaner. Just didn't work for me. So, it's clear to me that some of us are affected by the different algorithms. Respironics has a gradual reaction to apnea events, while Resmed responds more sharply. Make sure to get one that works with Sleepyhead.

But, to directly answer your question, unless you have a burning need for the Airsense for Her, then no, you don't NEED the Airsense 10. There are thousands of the S9 units still being sold, so parts are going to be available for years. I wouldn't hesitate to get it.

My brother had an M series bipap machine and discovered that when he got the new machine, he was getting 'blown away' even though his settings were the same. It seems that the old machine was no longer holding the pressure at its settings. So, that would make another reason to replace the machine. We kept the old machine just-in-case his new machine failed and needed work.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi feemia,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Both Respironics and Resmed are comparable brands, each one has slight differences. If you are comfortable with the brand you are using now, stick with it. I would say, get a new machine because you will be better served by the newer technology.
Here is a link with lots of information on the different machines and which ones to buy or which ones to avoid: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices .
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The 560 p heated hose PRS1 auto aflex is an excellent machine that would seve you well for about 420 bucks new.
Post Reply Post Reply
Get the S9 AutoSet for Her on sale. (Plain S9 Autoset works just as well.)

The A10 might have some advantages, but not $400 worth.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies. I think I'll go with the PRS1 series 60. I was letting myself be manipulated by the marketing term "SALE" with the S9, but the PRS1 is around the same price and it does make sense to stick with the brand that is working for me now.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2016, 01:20 PM)feemia Wrote: Thanks for the replies. I think I'll go with the PRS1 series 60. I was letting myself be manipulated by the marketing term "SALE" with the S9, but the PRS1 is around the same price and it does make sense to stick with the brand that is working for me now.
The "SALE" price apply to both machines as these machines has been discontinued but still very good machines
Sticking with the one you know is okay but PRS1 Auto 560 is different machine than M series Auto. On the other hand, the newer DreamStation Auto is not much different than PRS1 560 as far as algorthim goes, also the same apply to AirSense 10 Autoset and S9 Autoset
You cannot go wrong with either S9 AutoSet or PRS1 Auto 560, both are supported by SleepyHead software
Incidentally, Supplier #29 list S9 AutoSet for Her at $469.00
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 93 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  My doctor suggested patience Annecelesye 26 3,730 03-23-2024, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Annecelesye
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 310 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 633 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 201 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,746 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.