Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Does SleepyHead work with Resmed respirators
RE: Does SleepyHead work with Resmed respirators
I know that the ResMed S9 VPAP ST-A, AirCurve 10 ST, and AirCurve 10 ST-A machines all work with SleepyHead - I've used all of those myself. The Lumis looks almost the same, so I imagine it would work but since I'm in the USA I've never seen or used a Lumis.

Maybe ask for another baseline sleep study that monitors both oxygen saturation and carbon dioxide levels to see what's happening.

Since you're seeing a neurologist, do you have a documented illness that causes pulmonary limitations? Oxygen saturation going down to 86% isn't great but it seems drastic to switch from an APAP to a non-invasive ventilator all of a sudden. You may just benefit from a bit of a boost from pressure support that a simple, cheap bi-level/bipap device can do. Or even a small boost in your minimum pressure as EPAP/CPAP can improve oxygenation.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use 3 Liters per minute of O2 with my A10 and have no problems with centrals.

You may be different of course but perhaps your Doctor would be OK with trying the O2 with your A10 and seeing what happens?

A mild O2 supplement should not cause centrals since the oxygen you inhale is burned and leads to higher CO2 concentrations in the blood, which is what causes your CNS to respond with breathing.

Of course I am not a doctor nor do I know you as well as your actual doctor would, so you should definitely follow his advice over mine, but perhaps asking some questions would be a good idea.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW sooner or later, I'll be on supplemental oxygen for COPD, and I expect to mix that with my ASV machine at night via a heated hose with oxygen port. I'll be requesting an oxygen concentrator for daytime use when it's needed.

The Lumis appears to be a European version of the ResMed AirSense and AirCurve 10s here in the US.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Download #Sleepyhead and try it with your Lumis machine. If it does not work, you may contact me by private message, and I will provide you with a link to upload your SD card. I am working with JediMark on the next Sleepyhead update. If you want to donate your data, I will do what I can to include your machine in the next update. I will need an exact copy of the SD card contents and the model number on your Lumis machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 113 Yesterday, 10:29 AM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 628 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Finally found through DISE why cpap/bipap/ASV was never going to work for me. logart89 9 1,376 08-01-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: logart89
  Travel PAP machines - heat/moisture exchange units - do they work? Bostonsnow 1 753 06-10-2023, 06:34 AM
Last Post: cate1898
  RESMED S9 Smart Stop does not work Taxifahrt 20 13,326 05-14-2023, 02:34 AM
Last Post: Patt1
  High AHI, Extreme Fatigue, Cannot get CPAP or BiPap to work exchanged 2 600 04-28-2023, 06:38 PM
Last Post: exchanged
  [Diagnosis] Can Cpap "work" but still be useless in treating symptoms? tom41 13 1,088 04-25-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.