Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Does Your DreamStation Display Your AHI?
This poll is closed.
I didn't know it could.
11.11%
2 11.11%
I knew but haven't accessed it.
0%
0 0%
I accessed it by modifying the clinician settings.
50.00%
9 50.00%
It was accessible by default.
38.89%
7 38.89%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Equipment] Does Your DreamStation Display Your AHI?
Does Your DreamStation Display Your AHI?
I recently discovered  Banana that by accessing the clinician settings in my Philips Respironics DreamStation Auto CPAP (500X120), firmware 1.1.1., you can get the machine itself to display AHI. Go into the clinician settings and select Device Settings, then activate AHI. Before that, it didn't, by default.

There are other options to get your AHI using a DreamStation, such as the company's bluetooth DreamMapper app for your mobile device, but your device needs to be connected to the internet as it presumably sends your data to their servers, and of course there's the excellent SleepyHead software, which I consider the gold standard in monitoring software with its extensive and granular data.  

Still, I was thrilled and surprised the DreamStation machine had this capability, and had grudgingly considered it a deficiency compared to the ResMed Airsense, which from reading around here I surmised does display your AHI by default.

So for DreamStation users, did you know about this? Did you have to activate it via the clinician settings? Was it activated by default? What version firmware do you have?

Vote in the poll!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does Your DreamStation Display Your AHI?
When I received my Dreamstation from a local DME, the AHI display was disabled (before I knew about Apnea Board and a clinician's menu).
I promptly brought it back to his office and told him to enabled it. He told me that he was tired of new customers calling him all the time about their therapy, so he normally disables this option. 
My DME doesn't have to worry about me bugging him about my therapy questions, I've got several here at Apnea Board that are glad to help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine displayed AHI when i got the machine. As for firmware, i can't remember now. It's 1.1 if i recall correctly.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2018, 03:18 PM)kbear Wrote: He told me that he was tired of new customers calling him all the time about their therapy, so he normally disables this option. 

Unfortunately that's the case with far too many DMEs.  They "can't be bothered" with customer questions, and the CPAP manufacturers don't see patients as "their customer" at all, but refer us to the DME for any questions.

In most cases, once the DME gets paid by your insurance company, they don't give a flip about you one bit, unless it will help them generate a "Billable event" that will generate cash-flow for them.

Annoyed-and-disappointed
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
The first time I dove into the clinician menu of my DS, I was shocked at how many settings and options were not opted-in for patient viewing. Mask Fit. Auto-Start/Stop. Etc. I'm all for patients having options.

I will note that my 2nd DME (which I love) enabled many more of the settings to be viewed by the patient. And I appreciated that. Although it made me upset at my 1st DME (moreso than I already was).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 155 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  ResMed AirCurve 10 Doesn't Display Sleep Data clearairways 3 581 11-07-2022, 02:27 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,713 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  Oscar 1.4.0 = DS2 Flow Rate waveform missing in Graphs display a21900 3 728 09-26-2022, 07:21 PM
Last Post: a21900
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,533 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  [CPAP] Philips Dreamstation & Dreamstation Go Different AHI? Thedudefino 2 1,303 05-31-2021, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Thedudefino
  Does the Vauto display RERA? SevereApnea 11 2,005 01-06-2021, 07:17 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.