Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Does "for Her" make a difference?
RE: Does "for Her" make a difference?
Smile Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
If the study said 12cm, I would ask for low side of 10 (maybe 8) and a high side of 14-15, you can always tweak them later. This will allow the machine to adjust the pressure to your requirements at the time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi baconjurer,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wish you good luck with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-07-2016, 11:55 PM)PoolQ Wrote: If they do not swap it out contact your insurance and tell them that you were not given the prescribed machine, they will get after the DME

Good to know. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote='OpalRose' pid='168180' dateline='1467979873']
Hi baconjurer, Welcome to Apnea Board!

Also, some have reported that the newer A10 includes the "for her" algorithm. You will need to go into the providers menu and see if there is a choice.

Thanks for the welcome. This was useful info. I was able to confirm that my model does not have the "for her" option.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your doctor wrote out for a Resmed Airsense For Her, call the DME and tell them that you were given the wrong machine and will be bringing this one back for a swap for the correct machine. Don't let them talk you down about it. Honestly, getting a doc to write the script for the FOR HER model is hard enough and you may find you get benefit from that. Don't delay or you will be stuck with the model you have without the option of being able to use the FOR HER algorithm. I do well on the regular algorithm, but better on the FOR HER one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, everybody. I had to insist repeatedly that they read my prescription. Then I had wait until 7/22 for the local branch to get one in. I'm still waiting for the chinstrap. But progresss!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-07-2016, 11:19 PM)baconjurer Wrote: I got my machine late yesterday and had good night with it. Looking through stuff more thoroughly today, I noticed that my doc prescribed ResMed Air Sense for Her, but I given a ResMed Air Sense 10 machine. They did supply a mask "for her." Is the difference real, or just marketing?

Here's a bit of documentation about what they do for pulmonary transplant considerations...

SIZE MATTERS: IT'S ALL ABOUT HEIGHT, SEX AND RACE!
Thomas M Egan, MD, MSC
Professor of Surgery
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill

http://www.ishlt.org/ContentDocuments/20...light.html

So I'd suspect the "For Her" function is likely not a marketing ploy. Although, as I've crawled through my machines clinical setting menus, I don't find any parameters pertaining to Height, Sex, Race or even Age. And from the above paper, it doesn't seem unreasonable these other parameters might start showing up in machines in the future... along with things like various varieties of COPD afflictions as they too, appear to have the ability to do contribute to various sleep related disorders.

Medicine's not my area of expertise and the above are simply speculative muddled musings of an outdated technologist.
Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply
No reason to have a single pressure cpap. An auto can run as either.

Best I can tell,, the Resmed for her picks up flow limitation and raises pressure in response , same as a PR machine has done for yrs.
If there is any other difference in Resmed for himvs for her I havent found it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good for you for standing firm! like

(07-25-2016, 06:17 AM)baconjurer Wrote: Thank you, everybody. I had to insist repeatedly that they read my prescription. Then I had wait until 7/22 for the local branch to get one in. I'm still waiting for the chinstrap. But progresss!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 26 574 4 hours ago
Last Post: p4ncaketim
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,240 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Not sure what to make of my OSCAR data Machinist 3 214 03-10-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Machinist
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 250 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 353 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
Question Difference between Vauto and S modes PeaceLoveAndPizza 9 1,061 02-20-2024, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Idea Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more Hydrangea 47 6,413 01-13-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: her.suit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.