Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Does the A10 Beep?
Does the A10 Beep?
Does the ResMed A10 beep? Last night while I had the machine on it put out a series of about 5 double-beeps, IIRC. It did this three or four times, separated by several minutes. This morning I noticed there was moisture on the table top under the machine, but no signs of moisture under the tank. We are running a room atomizer type humidifier to treat my wife's cold and cough, so it may just be an accumulation of condensation under the machine, but that seems not likely. I will keep my eye on it tonight and see if there's any more moisture underneath it. My tank is about a year old so it may be due for replacement.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does the A10 Beep?
My AirCurve ASV only beeps if I have set a leak alarm. A really useless alarm for my version of deep sleeping BTW. Really can't think of a scenario where yours would beep at you, but I'm probably going to be proven incorrect on that. Sorry.

A shame we aren't a bit closer in location, because I'd be able to give you a spare tub.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not aware of any beeps that our machines have ever made. If it has, it has not awakened either of us, but we have also never had any issues with moisture on the tables.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
My machine has beeped at me to tell me to check the power plug into the back of the machine. It was not in fully at the time.
I think there was another time when it told me to check my hose connection.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2018, 05:12 PM)dwd1249 Wrote: My machine has beeped at me to tell me to check the power plug into the back of the machine. It was not in fully at the time.

That may have been it! I noticed when I picked up the machine to check it this morning that the power plug had fallen out of the back. I was still a bit groggy and didn't pay it any mind at the time.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2018, 04:22 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: A shame we aren't a bit closer in location, because I'd be able to give you a spare tub.

Water on the table top underneath the machine this morning, and I see moisture in the bottom of the tank, underneath the metal plate but above the plastic casing, so it looks like I need a new tub. I have spares of everything except that. Will have to see my doc before my current DME will allow me to buy stuff. Either that or order online and not use insurance. What a pain!
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepster, the Airsense 10 humidifier chamber is available on Amazon for $22.94 with Prime free-shipping. Similar prices everywhere, so using insurance for this is not such a big deal. The container is considered a consumable, and my insurer will provide one every 6-months. I have two in use, and a third in the original package for standby. If you have insurance, get the supplies you need like humidifier chambers, tubing, filters and mask parts. You should always have standby gear. I even have a standby machine purchased out of pocket.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2018, 06:26 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Sleepster, the Airsense 10 humidifier chamber is available on Amazon for $22.94 with Prime free-shipping.  Similar prices everywhere, so using insurance for this is not such a big deal. The container is considered a consumable, and my insurer will provide one every 6-months.  I have two in use, and a third in the original package for standby.  If you have insurance, get the supplies you need like humidifier chambers, tubing, filters and mask parts.  You should always have standby gear. I even have a standby machine purchased out of pocket.

Couldn't agree more.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
No water on the table this morning, so I'm still looking for a possible source of the leak.

I'm a big fan of standby equipment and machines. In fact I have so much of the stuff on hand that I skipped my annual visit to my sleep doc last year because I didn't need the annual prescription renewal to get any new stuff. The water chamber for the A10 is the one exception.

(01-16-2018, 06:26 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Sleepster, the Airsense 10 humidifier chamber is available on Amazon for $22.94 with Prime free-shipping.

Thanks. That's cheaper than Supplier#1 because they want $7 for shipping.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
I took SR's advice and bought from Amazon. Fixed the problem.

So, just a final note in case a google search brought you here. The leak was intermittent. I put a towel under the machine. Some mornings it was wet and some it was dry. But when it was wet the underside of the water chamber had signs of moisture trapped between the plastic and the metal.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] AirSense 10 beep or ding sound Baklash 0 513 07-30-2023, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Baklash
  Why do machines not have option to beep, when leaking? MyronH 9 2,397 10-07-2018, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Make the Beep stop?! quickerNu 1 1,498 01-30-2017, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Annoying on/off beep on Respironics BIPAP S/T C series rcattell 8 6,121 11-06-2016, 12:07 PM
Last Post: rcattell
  Respironics System One A-Flex, blower won’t start, Beep Beep Alarm, “Service Required rae95131 4 9,145 07-05-2016, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Ghost1958
  Does The S9 Beep? JimZZZ 18 6,504 07-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Last Post: JimZZZ
  [CPAP] anoying beep ttfespe 7 5,485 08-27-2012, 10:26 PM
Last Post: archangle

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.