Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Don't forget to move your CPAP machine clock forward on Saturday before bed
Exclaimation 
Don't forget to move your CPAP machine clock forward on Saturday before bed
If you're in the U.S, remember this Saturday night to set your CPAP machine's time / clock forward an hour before bedtime (especially if you're a ResMed user) so it will stay in sync with the actual time you've slept and report accurate time to the cloud / your doctor / MyAir (etc).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Don't forget to move your CPAP machine clock forward on Saturday before bed
Many machines do not have an accessible clock. Don't worry about it. You can always use the time offset feature in Sleepyhead. FWIW, no one cares if your CPAP clock is set for standard or daylight time except you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2018, 03:39 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Many machines do not have an accessible clock.  Don't worry about it.  You can always use the time offset feature in Sleepyhead.  FWIW, no one cares if your CPAP clock is set for standard or daylight time except you.

But many do, and if you sleep past noon it will screw up the time reporting. There's no reason not to change it if your machine lets you.
Post Reply Post Reply
PaulKTF, Thanks for the heads up and Welcome to Apnea Board!
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
So all that's needed is to move the time ahead one hour on Sat. night before midnight right?
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, it's all well and good until fall comes and you try to set the clock back to Standard Time. That is a little more tricky...

I'm sure we'll be hearing from people next fall.

I'm not going to bother this year.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2018, 04:01 PM)yankees123 Wrote: So all that's needed is to move the time ahead one hour on Sat. night before midnight right?

Yes. Smile

(03-05-2018, 08:35 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Well, it's all well and good until fall comes and you try to set the clock back to Standard Time. That is a little more tricky...

The only trick is you have to wait until an hour after you've finished your session before you can set the clock back (at least with ResMed AirSense 10 machines).
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2018, 08:38 PM)PaulKTF Wrote:
(03-05-2018, 04:01 PM)yankees123 Wrote: So all that's needed is to move the time ahead one hour on Sat. night before midnight right?

Yes. Smile

(03-05-2018, 08:35 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Well, it's all well and good until fall comes and you try to set the clock back to Standard Time. That is a little more tricky...

The only trick is you have to wait until an hour after you've finished your session before you can set the clock back (at least with ResMed AirSense 10 machines).

You know that, and I know that, and we will still get questions from users who don't know that.

Plus, it really messes up the SleepyHead graphs in a way that's really, really hard to correct.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not going to bother. My clock is already wrong by three hours on purpose because I work 3rd.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi PaulKTF,
WELCOME! to the forum.
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 86 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 298 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 620 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 198 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 102 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,721 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Syncing Airsense 10 clock IAXEM 0 107 03-06-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: IAXEM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.