Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Dream Station heated tube fault
Dream Station heated tube fault
My Dream Station heated tube on the humidifier appears to have a fault.  When I wiggle the connection on the humidifier the heat indicator on the panel goes on and off.  Air is sometimes cold, sometimes warm during the night. The humidifier itself seems to work normally.  (uses water)  and the tube seems to be in good condition.  The machine is only a few months old and has been treated gently.  My question is, could this have anything to do with settings, or is it simply a bad connection as it appears to be?  I am in Australia, bought the equipment online from the good ole U.S. of A, so warranty service is difficult. Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dream Station heated tube fault
Taking my best guess, it is just a guess being so far away.  It will be a bad connection either in the machine, terminals or where it connects to them or if it senses the load, it may be a faulty hose, but I have no idea if it looks for a load or not and monitors it.
Check to see if hose connections are ok, might be a broken connection where it goes into the terminals, check the terminal is reasonably tight and not loose.  If not it might be inside the machine, there is not a lot inside the older ones (I have had them in bits and rebuilt them) but I have not opened any newer machines, so you are on your own with them.
I would suspect the hose and any connections first.first.
At the end of the day it is a ResMed machine, bought from them or not, though they might not fix it under warranty.
You can phone their support line or go to ResMed's website and ask them the question.

If you are not sure of what you are doing, check the hose and contact ResMed in Australia.

ResMed

Medical Equipment & Repairs - Bella Vista, NSW 2153
1 Elizabeth MacArthur Dr, Bella Vista NSW 2153

(02) 8884 1000

https://www.resmed.com/au/en/consumer.html
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I read where cleaning the connections with a q-tip will sometimes solve the problem.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
i don't know how others wash their DS heated tubes but i am very careful not to get the connections wet.
i always place my thumb firmly over the little connector 'box' when immersing it in water and always leave the connector end out of the water when soaking it.
i am a telephone technician by trade and have seen too often the result of damp connectors meeting electrical current.
unless you can perfectly dry the connectors out, it seems wrong to me, to immerse electrical connections in water.
i would try a little WD40 on the connectors and gently plug the tube in and out a few times, just in case there has been a build up of verdigris on the terminals.
could be other causes as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all....I will try cleaning the connectors with Q tip and WD-40, which I have not tried.  As far as I know the connectors have never been wet.  This is a new Respironics machine, hope I didn't mislead.  Guess I was hoping it would be a common problem that others have had, easily solved. 
Thanks,  VW
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Van Winkle,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy and I hope you can get your problem resolved.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 108 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 226 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 474 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 952 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Q-tube View 0 194 02-04-2024, 01:35 PM
Last Post: View
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 451 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 608 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.