Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Dream station go or air mini?
Dream station go or air mini?
I travel a lot, but want to buy one machine which will be both for home and away. I'm currently using a resmed airsense10, fixed pressure 8, mask p30i, but even without the humidifier it is cumbersome to travel with.
It's between the resmed airmini and Phillips dreamstation go fixed pressure, any thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dream station go or air mini?
Phillips "Go" has some data, so I would prefer that. No I would actually prefer the full machine with full data. Data is so very important if you have issues or require any setting changes. If you use your current machine at home, aas long as it is not the CPAP model (elite is ok) I'd go with the airmini because you have the home machine which has data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2019, 04:13 PM)CLV62 Wrote: I travel a lot, but want to buy one machine which will be both for home and away. I'm currently using a resmed airsense10, fixed pressure 8, mask p30i, but even without the humidifier it is cumbersome to travel with.
It's between the resmed airmini and Phillips dreamstation go fixed pressure, any thoughts?

Resmed doesn't currently list the N30i as being compatible with the Airmini, which uses a special connector. I would hope that ResMed will add the N30i to the list of masks adapted to work with the AirMini - they have to be adapted so that they can properly use the moisture retention barrier system that is the AirMini's optional "humidification" system.

On APAP, I'd still to the same maker as my home machine to have the same algorithm that works for me. But since you are at fixed pressure and are used to using a machine without a humidifier, I'd think that either will work for you. Ironically, if you want to use the Resmed mask, the N30i, it looks like you'll have to use the Phillips for now.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Dreamstation (not the go) without the humidifier is pretty small. The main difference is the power brick but other than that it's pretty compact. Plus, it's run on 12v so it's easy to run it on battery. This is what I plan to do when I'll have to travel.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've heard more positives on the DreamStation Go.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just the fact that you can’t extract data from the AirMini would make me pause. I’m not sure what the life span of these travel machines are, and if your going to use it for both travel and home, it may not last as long as the regular sized machines which folk don’t seem to have a problem traveling with.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm also looking into this and would get the DreamStation Go and Humidifier. Question on the tubing, I don't see that heated tubing is offered? Also, if I plan on taking the same mask I use with my full-size DreamStation, do I need an adapter for the tubing, or the connector is the same size? I also didn't see that there were different part # for the plain CPAP and the Auto-CPAP versions, are there or just one model?

Finally...MediCare paid for my full-size DreamStation 2.5 years ago, would they also pay for this, or will I need to pay?

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-09-2019, 08:01 PM)Avign0n323 Wrote: I'm also looking into this and would get the DreamStation Go and Humidifier.  Question on the tubing, I don't see that heated tubing is offered?  Also, if I plan on taking the same mask I use with my full-size DreamStation, do I need an adapter for the tubing, or the connector is the same size?  I also didn't see that there were different part # for the plain CPAP and the Auto-CPAP versions, are there or just one model?

Finally...MediCare paid for my full-size DreamStation 2.5 years ago, would they also pay for this, or will I need to pay?

Thanks.

Not at 2.5 years ago for last machine, at the least for denial reasons.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are auto and fixed versions of the Go.

The Go uses a proprietary 12mm hose or a “standard” 15mm slimline. Both can connect to any standard mask. However, the Resmed slimline hose cuff has a slightly larger outside diameter that is a snug fit in the Go unless you use the humidifier. I suggest sticking with Respironics hoses whichever size you use.

You are not likely to see an HME option for the P30i/N30i. The elbow is too far from your mouth and nose. However, I have used the Z1/Breas HME with an F20 and F30 on the Go.

The only option I know of for using something like the P10 with an HME is the AirMini.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the Go for the past two weeks after two failed ResMed AirSense Machines.  I wanted a travel machine and I did not want to have something that required a proprietary hose or mask. The Go is noisier than the ResMed machine, but not too bad in my opinion.  As for data, there is only a small amount available through the bluetooth app, but I bought a mini SD card and it provides complete data that I read fine with Oscar.

The 12mm tubing made for the Go works great, a 15mm hose or 20mm works fine too with the machine.  Only the 12mm seems to fit well on the humidifier however.  The Go does not have a heated tube option, but that is fine for me.  I did buy the battery which is overpriced, but I got a sizeable discount.  I don't camp, but wanted something for airline use as well as for power outages.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 54 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 675 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 951 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Humidification Issue With Air Mini ICS55 15 5,268 02-08-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: pwnorris
Question BMC Mini M1 - Pressure Settings? SwissTruffle 0 324 12-25-2023, 10:42 AM
Last Post: SwissTruffle
  New to Air Mini-I need advice! tj1616 0 380 10-18-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: tj1616
Exclaimation [Diagnosis] 2 Yrs CPAP & I Still Don't Dream - Eliminated Obstructive But Central Apneas Present droo 5 532 08-31-2023, 07:18 PM
Last Post: droo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.