Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] DreamMapper dissatisfaction
RE: DreamMapper dissatisfaction
(02-28-2019, 08:15 PM)japers Wrote: I would expect any SD card to be a simple storage device which could be formatted to any simple file system spec that would fit within its capacity. The cheap little 2 GB SD card in my DreamStation is formatted to FAT32, a filesystem which applies no restrictions to access. Accordingly, if such a card can connect to a wifi router, it should just appear as a storage device. Accordingly, its contents could be copied directly to any other device on the same network.

If this is not so, could someone hit me with the clue-by-four so that I can understand why software (other than a file manager or terminal emulator native to the aforementioned networked device) would be needed for grabbing the data off of the networked SD card and used by SleepyHead / OSCAR on my computer.

A Toshiba FlashAir is an SD card with wireless network capabilities. After initially configuring the communication parameters, you insert it into your CPAP and download your sleep data over your wireless network. No more removing and putting it in your PC then returning it back to your CPAP.. In fact, I have mine automated so my PC downloads my data daily without having to touch anything.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So, the wireless setup (ESSID and WPA password) have to be set up using specialized software? Or should I be able to use networking utilities from any ordinary POSIX system to configure the wifi device on the SD card? How did you do the initial configuration of the card for use with your PAP device?
Post Reply Post Reply
The early generations of the Toshiba only provided a web browser access to the data on the card they are not powerful to provide an smb file share. WebDAV is now availiable. Flashpap provides a java application to only copy new files from the Toshiba card and makes it a snip use

The wifi sd card is configured by a simple text file placed in a hidden directory on the SD card specifying network ssid etc...
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2019, 01:31 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: The early generations of the Toshiba only provided a web browser access to the data on the card they are not powerful to provide an smb file share. WebDAV is now availiable. Flashpap provides a java application to only copy new files from the Toshiba card and makes it a snip use

The wifi sd card is configured by a simple text file placed in a hidden directory on the SD card specifying network ssid etc...

I appreciate the information. Looks like one of these cards might be very useful to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've just installed the Toshiba Airflash card (the smallest, cheapest one, which is more than adequate), the FlashPAP application, and SleepyHead. It all works like a charm and gives me more data than I know what to do with.

The biggest gain that I see here is that now I can see apnea events minute by minute, not just aggregated for the whole night. And I'm no longer dependant on Phillips!

Thanks a ton to you folks who mentioned these things.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad it’s all worked out no chance of leaving your sd card out of the machine
Post Reply Post Reply
I just called the Phillips DreamMapper support line. 855-699-6276

The gentleman there stated that their current release of the DreamMapper software for Android phones has a display bug. You will get a successful link to Bluetooth, and the phone device will successfully download the data - but will not display it on the screen, nor forward it to the DreamMapper website app either.

He stated that they are aware of the bug and the engineering team is working on a solution - no fix date yet.
A33  Coffee
The Pharaoh Who Unified Upper and Lower Apnea
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool 
Wow,

My Dream Mapper app on my Andriod device worked this morning. I got my readout! And it was posted to the DreamMapper site as well. Cool 

A33
A33  Coffee
The Pharaoh Who Unified Upper and Lower Apnea
Post Reply Post Reply
Sad 
(02-28-2019, 05:39 PM)crowtor Wrote: Does this need any discussion? Just use sleepyhead and forget anything other exists.
While Sleepyhead is superior, Dreammapper is officially medical certified which may be necessary for Doctors reporting DOT physicals. 
 Most of the crap we endure with the mapper is due to medical records Privacy and Lawyers for Philips. 
That said, I do wish that Philips would allow a read only mode for middle of the night quick checks.

Mark has tried to keep up with demand for Sleepyhead, even stopping work on his 1st version to work on version two. The high demands of early versions Maintenance while keeping the integrity of his inspirational software while collaborating with others took a physical and mental health toll on Mark.
 Prayer and thankful donations for Mark to continue his gifts to the apena machine Users in the world will always be helpful .
Post Reply Post Reply
Speedy_sailor, Mark closed down the Sleepyhead project some time ago. The software has been redeveloped and improved as OSCAR. While superficially similar to SH, Oscar is considerably improved and will be even better when the current beta is completed and released.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamMapper - "Total Disconnects" ? StratCat48 1 413 11-27-2023, 09:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Conflicting results from PSG and Dreammapper csl1 9 612 09-01-2023, 02:52 PM
Last Post: csl1
  DreamMapper alternatives xaid 3 701 06-10-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: upsman
  Phillips DreamMapper APP & Dreamstation 2 Data breathingeasy 0 386 05-11-2023, 08:32 PM
Last Post: breathingeasy
  DS2 vs DreamMapper - A Quandry of Numbers StratCat48 4 897 06-17-2022, 07:08 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  A Favor if You Have the DreamMapper via a PC StratCat48 2 634 12-15-2021, 04:27 PM
Last Post: S. Manz
  DS1>DS2 and DreamMapper Access with PC Issue StratCat48 4 1,232 10-27-2021, 07:40 AM
Last Post: StratCat48

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.