Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] DreamStation Auto Humidification problem
DreamStation Auto Humidification problem
Good morning everyone. I have searched hoping to find an answer but no luck so far so I'm hoping maybe someone in this forum can help. I have a brand new DreamStation auto CPAP. The first night I used it, the humidifier used 3/4 of the water. The rest of the week it didn't use a single drop. I changed the Humidification from adaptive to fixed. And still not a single drop is being used. My Humidification level is set to 4. Now I know the plate works because if I use preheat it does warm up. I also turned the unit on and put my hand over the end of the hose for 30sec and the plate also warmed up. However As soon as I start using the CPAP the Humidification quits within 10-15 min. I'll wake up several times and feel the water in the tank and its ice cold.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation Auto Humidification problem
It sounds like your machine is defective. My guess is that a thermostat or high-temperature cutoff is shutting off the heat. Contact your supplier.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try running Performance Check in the My Provider menu and see if it fails. No sure if it checks the heater, but it's worth trying.
Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Giasdaddy2010,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It sounds like your machine is not working right, talk to your DME about exchanging it.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy and getting a different one.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, I just joined tonight to ask the same exact question! I just got my DreamStation last night and this morning I checked the Humidifier tank and it was still full. That was with it set at 2. I set it to 4 today to check and I can see the humidity building up in the tank and the heating plate gets very warm. Im hoping its just a setting issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
the machine reads the humidity in the room, and only adds "enough" humidity, not blindly adding some amount no matter how humid the incoming air is.

this confuses new people.
Post Reply Post Reply
Makes sense palerider...I guess i should see what the humidity level in my room is. I just figured it would add moisture to the air its pushing up my nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2016, 09:37 PM)MattyRetro Wrote: Makes sense palerider...I guess i should see what the humidity level in my room is. I just figured it would add moisture to the air its pushing up my nose.

two things... one.. in normal mode, you're telling it "make the air this humid" if the air is already that humid, or almost, then there's very little extra needed to be added.

second, it's not pushing any air up your nose. if it was, you'd blow up like a balloon.

the only air going up your nose is what your lungs suck in. minor, but important point to remember.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a clarification for all users; from the clinical manual:

Fixed mode applies a constant heat on the humidifier heater plate. Under certain conditions and settings, this mode can allow condensation to occur in the tube.
Adaptive mode adapts the heater plate temperature to the ambient conditions in the room, and is designed to not allow condensation to occur in the tube.

Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey everyone, ok so I went to my provider yesterday and the swapped the humidifier out. We tested it at the office for a few min and it seemed to work. So I went home hooked it up and started to use it. Of course once again no humidity. But I did notice something interesting. In your options under humidification (with your heated tube disconnected) you hAve the option between adaptive and fixed. However if you connect a heated hose. Those options go away and it locks on heated tube. I called Phillips and was told once you hook up the heated tube the options automatically lock to "Heated tube" which is adaptive and you can't change that. We'll that's a problem because I'm waking up really dry. So basically what I gathered is if your having the same problem as me try using a non heated hose on the fixed setting. Unfortunately I only have a heated hose so I can't try it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,584 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,352 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,477 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 333 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 552 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  Humidification Issue With Air Mini ICS55 15 5,273 02-08-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: pwnorris
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 394 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.