Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] DreamStation Auto Humidification problem
RE: DreamStation Auto Humidification problem
Giasdaddy2010,
I use a different brand CPAP but I would think that the basic heated tube connector concept would be the same. The heated tube employs electrical contacts to notify the machine of its use. If that's the case then placing a piece of tape or paper over the contact area should prevent the base from recognizing the tube as a heated one and allow you to achieve your end goal.

I hope this may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I joined this forum and added this answer for those who Google the problem, like I did. The solution is, you CAN change the humidity level but the CPAP has to be running for it to be an option. Youre welcome Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2016, 10:31 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Giasdaddy2010,
I use a different brand CPAP but I would think that the basic heated tube connector concept would be the same.  The heated tube employs electrical contacts to notify the machine of its use. If that's the case then placing a piece of tape or paper over the contact area should prevent the base from recognizing the tube as a heated one and allow you to achieve your end goal.

I hope this may help.

Most heated hoses rely on pins pushing in to holes, much the same as an electrical cord being plugged in to a power point... covering with tape or paper will either damage the connections or stop the hose from sealing to the machine. 

(09-10-2017, 02:31 PM)JDad67 Wrote: I joined this forum and added this answer for those who Google the problem, like I did. The solution is, you CAN change the humidity level but the CPAP has to be running for it to be an option. Youre welcome Smile

I'm not so sure about that.. 

Do you mean the machine has to be turned on an in use while you change the setting?
Or do you mean the machine has to be working, not broken?

I changed the humidity [ and other settings ] more than once on my Dreamstation, and at no point was it turned on/running when I made the changes. 

I can see no reason any machine would actually need to be running to change any of the settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's how it works for my dreamstation anyway. That's all I can tell you. I change if from Summer humidity setting of 2 to 4 for fall/winter. I can adjust both tube and humidifier separately in this manner. Yes, for me, it has to be running. Its a quick adjust.

Edit: Maybe the doctor can alter user settings as they see fit remotely? ugh.. who knows.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the Dreamstation you can adjust humidifier from the patient's menu when the machine is running.

You can also change the humidifier settings from the Provider Mode screens while the machine is off.

To access Provider mode push and hold ramp and control buttons for at least 5 seconds.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi just curious if you have found solution to your humidifier issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank God for this forum. I was about to work outhow to havemy Dreamstation returned as faulty cos I'm having the same issue/problem/misunderstanding about why the humidifier isnt working. Its fine in preheat but not in operation. My tank has been filled and hasnt moved since tha day it was filled! Now I know why - I'm in Brisbane Australia, usually humid (ish) certainly not dry. This explains a lot.
Thanks again folks and my appreciation to those who know what they are doing  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,572 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,333 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,471 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 333 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 551 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  Humidification Issue With Air Mini ICS55 15 5,268 02-08-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: pwnorris
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 392 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.