[Equipment] DreamStation "Check mask fit" option
Wrz77 Offline

Members

Machine: DreamStation CPAP Pro (DSX400T11)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus Large
Humidifier: DreamStation Heated (w/ Heated Tube)
CPAP Pressure: 11
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncorePro

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
DreamStation "Check mask fit" option
I noticed that my DME seems to have this setting disabled for whatever reason. Is there any clinical significance to whether this particular setting is blocked or not? I went ahead and re-enabled it via the clinician menu since common sense tells me it likely makes no difference one way or the other since it's a manual function and thus not something to likely hinder therapy.

In the manual "Check mask fit" seems to give a quick indication of whether your mask is fitted properly or not.

Also, does the CDMA/3G/4G/LTE/whatever modem report when you've changed a setting like this in the clinician menu?
04-30-2016 10:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
palerider Offline

Preferred Members-

Machine: s9 vpap auto
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: p10
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 18/13+
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

RE: DreamStation "Check mask fit" option
there's no clinical reason, just DMEs being stupid.
04-30-2016 11:51 PM
pupcamper Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: PR DreamStation CPAP Pro
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10 Pillows; Quatro Air FFM
Humidifier: DreamStation Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10.5 cmH2O; no ramp; no C-Flex
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncorePro

Other Comments: Lung cancer survivor since 11/2004; CPAP since 11/2015

RE: DreamStation "Check mask fit" option
(04-30-2016 10:40 PM)Wrz77 Wrote:  I noticed that my DME seems to have this setting disabled for whatever reason. Is there any clinical significance to whether this particular setting is blocked or not? I went ahead and re-enabled it via the clinician menu since common sense tells me it likely makes no difference one way or the other since it's a manual function and thus not something to likely hinder therapy.

In the manual "Check mask fit" seems to give a quick indication of whether your mask is fitted properly or not.

Hello Wrz77. Welcome to the forum.

Your understanding of the mask fit function on your DreamStation is correct. It gives you a quick way to check how well your mask is sealing.

If you haven't already done so I would suggest you download a copy of the Clinician Setup Manual for your DreamStation. It contains the information you need to get into the Clinician Menu to access setting such as the mask fit function. The link is at the top of the page.

(04-30-2016 10:40 PM)Wrz77 Wrote:  Also, does the CDMA/3G/4G/LTE/whatever modem report when you've changed a setting like this in the clinician menu?

I'm not sure what information, other than compliance, is reported via the modem. However, while I do take my healthcare providers input very seriously, I don't lose any sleep (pun intended Smile) if I decide take steps to advance my own therapy. If you do decide to change things it is a good idea to keep them in the loop, though.

"....respiration,—a troublesome practice, but one which custom has rendered necessary to our easy existence...." Oliver Twist, Charles Dickens- 1837

I use FlashPAP to load data from a FlashAir III wifi sd card in my machine to my computer and display it with SleepyHead .
robysue's Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
05-01-2016 07:30 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  PR System One: C-Check vs Auto? Ailu 8 3,017 11-29-2016 02:04 PM
Last Post: TonyJ
  [Equipment] Dreamstation auto off ??? johno02 15 768 11-27-2016 01:56 PM
Last Post: johno02
  AHI differs between DreamStation and AirsSense 10 JD007 11 669 11-20-2016 03:48 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  Reset Machine Hours DreamStation Perchas 1 219 11-17-2016 06:26 PM
Last Post: robysue
  My first night with DreamStation Auto Perchas 6 738 11-07-2016 02:51 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Heated hose check ST1300 7 586 10-30-2016 09:15 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My First Night with DreamStation mcsheltie 7 464 10-29-2016 10:39 AM
Last Post: robysue