Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] DreamStation Data Download
Smile 
RE: DreamStation Data Download
I got everything going back in January and is working fine.
My latest question was in regards to how many bits of data
was in each daily download. I realize that a 16gb card will hold
a lot of data but was just curious on the download amount.
Post Reply Post Reply
Based on Resmed data, it would seem to depend on the number of sleep segments and events for any given day. My data dates back to September 2014 and is 3.05Gb.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some of the Respironics users have posted numbers that are considerably smaller per day than the ResMed numbers, but I haven't tried to verify them or figure out why that's so.
Post Reply Post Reply
I seem to be running in the ballpark of 2.5mb weeknights (~6 hours) and 3.5 weekends (~9hrs)

So 16gb / 3.5mb = 4500 days or 12 years, less overhead
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
My down loads seem to be more like 150kb to 170kb per day depending
on length of sessions(8-10hrs) or about 5mb per month which makes it
hundreds of years storage for a 16gb card.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, Curt, for that corroboration with real numbers. Since the SleepyHead displays are more or less equivalent, there must be a lot of overhead in the ResMed file formats. Not that we can do anything about that...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Help on Settings - DreamStation - Oscar Data 93celicaconv 2 501 09-15-2023, 06:23 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Any other option to download data from machine? BlueSky1958 2 439 07-02-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  Phillips DreamMapper APP & Dreamstation 2 Data breathingeasy 0 386 05-11-2023, 08:32 PM
Last Post: breathingeasy
  How often do you download to OSCAR? kylemw 6 741 03-22-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: kylemw
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,709 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.