Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] DreamStation Preheat Question(s)
DreamStation Preheat Question(s)
Hello, All,

I have a DreamStation that I have been using for several years with no problems. I use the Preheat on the humidifier on some chilly nights.

Last night I tried to turn on the preheat and had a problem. I rotated the know to the preheat position and pressed the knob to select preheat. I rotated the knob so that the 'Off' changed to 'On'.

When I pressed the knob to set the preheat to 'On', it changed to 'Off'; it should stay 'On'. I can then turn the knob to select other items like normal, but the preheat stays 'Off'.

I'm just wondering if anyone has seen this before and if there is anything I can try. I did remove the humidifier box, look at the terminals (they looked ok) and replace the humidifier but nothing changed.

Thanks,
George
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation Preheat Question(s)
Unfortunately, I don't have your type of machine... but if it used to work and has stopped, I'd be wondering if either (as you intuited) there's some contact issue. Either that or I'm going to fall back on my IT roots. Have you turned it off and on again? If not, maybe try unplugging the machine, leave it unpowered for 30 seconds or so, and then plug it in and start it up again? If it's something temporary that might resolve it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply, Ratchick,

I did get it working again. I removed the power from the machine (at the machine this time, not at the wall) and disconnected the humidifier.

With the humidifier disconnected, I reconnected power. I checked and without the humidifier connected there was no setting to turn it on preheat.

I disconnected power, reattached the humidifier, reconnected the power, and now it works like it should.
Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome! In that case, it may have been that the machine got its software panties in a wad, and couldn't untangle them until you forced a reset by removing the humidifier and then powered it on. Thanks for letting us know how you resolved it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Philips Replacement Devices - No PREHEAT or AUTO-OFF malabarflash 0 230 01-27-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: malabarflash
  Dreamstation question fby002 7 870 08-07-2023, 11:42 AM
Last Post: fby002
  Dreamstation 2 Question mawaw1992 5 539 08-05-2023, 03:10 PM
Last Post: Gideon
Question Question on using a Resmed S9 vs a Dreamstation 1 nbdsv96 3 548 06-20-2023, 01:06 AM
Last Post: Psychotech
  Setup question switching from Dreamstation to AirCurve 10 VAuto OceanChild 16 1,410 01-12-2023, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,710 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,532 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.